HELP! My plane got cancelled, now where do I go for two weeks in june??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tigerman, how's the airfare to Mozambique? Maybe this is an opportunity to try somewhere more off the beaten path, like Tofo.

From Denpassar there is a connecting flight on Lion Air to Makassar and Manado. Bit of a milk run and you get in at 10pm so you will need to stay one night in Manado before you head off to lembeh, bunaken or the gem Bangka if you choose to get out of Bali....IMHO way way better diving in Sulawesi than Bali.

Tigerman, how's the airfare to Mozambique? Maybe this is an opportunity to try somewhere more off the beaten path, like Tofo.
Hard to find, which generally means lots of transit and expensive?

Reasonably sure I've recently read a trip report here at SB. It really interested me so reaserch continued through Google. :) IIRC, might fly into South Africa first, then semi-domestic from there. Yes, probably not that convenient but since I was seriously putting it on my list mustn't be that bad?

I'll bet Wingy knows. Hopefully she'll be along shortly.

---------- Post added April 8th, 2014 at 03:21 AM ----------

Getting Here | Scuba Diving in Mozambique | Scuba Diving in Tofo

OK, now I see why was thinking South Africa. In any event, how to get to Maputo International Airport must be the first key.

Malta?

Getting Here | Scuba Diving in Mozambique | Scuba Diving in Tofo

OK, now I see why was thinking South Africa. In any event, how to get to Maputo International Airport must be the first key.
Cause that gallery didn't fit the bill perfectly with a variety of large and small critters...

---------- Post added April 8th, 2014 at 03:30 PM ----------

WHOA!! Theres some SERIOUSLY CHEAP flights available to there :eek:
Guess I have yet another destination to research...

Why not get a cheap flight to London and then a package including a liveaboard with a UK company.....would highly recommend Blue O 2 and their southern routes to the Brothers and Elphinstone for big exciting things.

Best fishes xx

Why not get a cheap flight to London and then a package including a liveaboard with a UK company.....would highly recommend Blue O 2 and their southern routes to the Brothers and Elphinstone for big exciting things.

Best fishes xx
because of time (Ill need 2 extra days in transit, minimum), the relatively high price of even "cheap tickets" (£100+ with the luggage I need to bring) and the fact that Ill probably void my insurance due to the travel advice of the govt...
I HAVE explored this option as Ive already prepaid diving there and I have friends going

WHOA!! Theres some SERIOUSLY CHEAP flights available to there :eek:
Guess I have yet another destination to research...

I hear the diving is pretty good, and if you go in the off season, it's dirt cheap food and accommodation wise. I hear very good things about divewise as an op (and apparently they provide free nitrox)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom