HELP! My plane got cancelled, now where do I go for two weeks in june??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hear the diving is pretty good, and if you go in the off season, it's dirt cheap food and accommodation wise. I hear very good things about divewise as an op (and apparently they provide free nitrox)
I see the expected water temprature is a measly 21c for june there though :p
I would preferr it a bit warmer, haha

Tofo here you come!! :)

Yeah.. Been trying to find flights and other info on that :D

21 is positively tropical. Boiling even. I think I had 1 dive last year that reached such a warm temperature.

How's that search going? Have you tried the site www.momondo? Not always spot on but has some grest features making it super easy. The site will also extract the fastest wsyvto get there, and the optimal and the least cost and least optional flight itinerary for you. It also does a bunch of other cool stuff. The only downfall I've found is thst on occasion some of the times are right out of whack. Not sure why but it is really easy for me to pivk out when that's a problem. .but since it's not a booking site not thst big a deal.

I'm excited! Sure hope it works out for you because I can't wait to hear all about the diving there from someone I know, erm, well you know what I mean. :)

21 is positively tropical. Boiling even. I think I had 1 dive last year that reached such a warm temperature.
My previous 2 dives where 2c water temp - Id preferr to go somewhere I can dive nude, if at all possiblt :p
How's that search going? Have you tried the site www.momondo? Not always spot on but has some grest features making it super easy. The site will also extract the fastest wsyvto get there, and the optimal and the least cost and least optional flight itinerary for you. It also does a bunch of other cool stuff. The only downfall I've found is thst on occasion some of the times are right out of whack. Not sure why but it is really easy for me to pivk out when that's a problem. .but since it's not a booking site not thst big a deal.

I'm excited! Sure hope it works out for you because I can't wait to hear all about the diving there from someone I know, erm, well you know what I mean. :)
Its not going too great tbh...
I do find some flights, but they require either 2 stops (stockholm and addis ababa) and the final stop is Maputo, so id need another flight from Maputo to Inhambane on top of that, so its starting to look like a bit more money than Id preferr..

Thumbs up for Mozambique you could fly into Jburg and overland into Moz/Tofo but losing the time out of 2 weeks might rule that out also consider Tanzania actually let me rephrase that you should really consider Tanzania, Zanzibar so so but Pemba is great and from what I hear Mafia is also good. Malta is enjoyable for the wrecks but probably wont hit your target for life. Egypt off the cards how about Jordan? I haven't been myself but have been considering it as an alternative to Egypt.

I loved Jordan but then again I hadn't been there to dive.

Have you checked out getting to south Africa and backtracking? I know you'll still have what you perceive as too many stops but potentially could be faster overall?

What about Maldives?

Rgardless of where you end up, enjoy it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom