HELP! My plane got cancelled, now where do I go for two weeks in june??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you thought about Belize?
Nope, and it looks great. The flight costs and travel times are however very much in line with the typical for the americas and caribbean - more expensive than going south or east from here...

If 21 is too cold, then East Bali may not be for you during dry season (July-October). Temperature can hit 18 in a bad thermocline. Excitement of diving with big fish in current more than makes up for the cold IMHO.
North Bali may be better suited to someone in search of warmth. The crowds in Tulamben make me shiver more than cold water but the diving there is great.

Nope, and it looks great. The flight costs and travel times are however very much in line with the typical for the americas and caribbean - more expensive than going south or east from here...

Agreed I've looked at Belize a few times but the flights from Europe are painful. Easier and cheaper to go to Mexico, friends of mine(nondivers) went a few years ago and booked a package holiday which ended up cheaper then booking flights only. when they arrived they just headed off with their backpacks the next day much to the general consternation of the resort rep

Last edited:
Well, why not do that again. There are now flights from Cancun to Belize and back again on Tropic Air. Or one can take the bus down to Belize from Cancun.

Its a bit cheaper to fly to cancun, but takes ages (18+hrs) and Id need the last flight on top, so it would end out the same cost I think. I flew there I might just stop there or cozumel and call it good enough although the area did not impress me last I was there, although the whalesharks and cenotes is brilliant :)

---------- Post added April 10th, 2014 at 05:56 PM ----------

I AM of course talking about the specific periods that suits my vacation schedule, it could be more resonable flight routes and prices other times of the year..

Its a bit cheaper to fly to cancun, but takes ages (18+hrs) and Id need the last flight on top, so it would end out the same cost I think. I flew there I might just stop there or cozumel and call it good enough although the area did not impress me last I was there, although the whalesharks and cenotes is brilliant :)

---------- Post added April 10th, 2014 at 05:56 PM ----------

I AM of course talking about the specific periods that suits my vacation schedule, it could be more resonable flight routes and prices other times of the year..

Yes, I see what you mean. I think you may find the diving at the Belize atolls better. Not the same strong currents as in Cozumel. Maybe next time around :)

Well, this WILL be an excersise in where to go more than this one time as long as people make destinations unavailable :p

Sent fra min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk

Hi Tigerman,

I went on holiday to Dumaguete in the Philippines 3 years ago... and I never left.

I would highly recommend Atmosphere Resorts in the Dumaguete area and right now the marine life there is blooming (see Facebook for more info) as well as the being Apo Island very near by. There are more critters with greater variety than I have ever seen. IF you are very keen for a liveaboard combo trip then perhaps consider the M/Y Philippine Siren. They go passed the resort as part of their Southern Visayas tour.

I appreciate that flights are not particularly cheap at the moment, but with Philippine Airlines operating direct services from London to Manila there are more bargains to be found now.

Let me know if you would like any more info...

Id like to thank everyone for great input, but due partially to prepaid ammounts to a dive op in the red sea, partially flight times and overall costs I have been able to rebook my flight and paid diving to a liveaboard in the red sea.
I will however save the very helpful information in this thread for next years vacation plans :wink:

Sent fra min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom