Help with air integrated computer choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the detailed tissue loading graph on the Shearwaters is one of their nicest features, especially on multi-day, multi-dive trips. It really gives you a good idea what the model thinks is going on,

The 16 compartment graph is interesting, but it is real time at depth and cannot directly predict N2 at the surface. The small graph on the main screen of the Perdix in rec mode displays the more traditional NDL graph the OP is inquiring about.

Looks like the Oceanic OCi is air integrated, hoseless dive computer. Not recommending it as I have no experience with it. But you mentioned you wish Oceanic still had one.

OCi

Hi @akulamd

I have a Teric, it does not have the continuous nitrogen loading bar graph others have mentioned that the Perdix AI has. It looks like this might work out just fine for you. The OCi has a traditional multi-segment bar graph, <4 for no deco, 5 for deco. Only the Shearwater would be adequate if you should pursue technical diving
upload_2019-12-1_10-36-54.png
upload_2019-12-1_10-44-55.png

I have an OCi, and it is a fine little AI dive computer. Unfortunately I am addicted to the Buhlmann 16 algorithm and no longer use the Oceanic. If you are good with DSAT or PZ+ the OCi is a very capable instrument.

The 16 compartment graph is interesting, but it is real time at depth and cannot directly predict N2 at the surface.
I'm not sure why you would say that. The model accounts for both on and off gassing. How accurately it reflects what's actually happening in your body is, of course, another question.

I'm not sure why you would say that. The model accounts for both on and off gassing. How accurately it reflects what's actually happening in your body is, of course, another question.
Perhaps what he meant is that it gives you no direct information regarding your NDL, like a continuous or segmented bar graph may.

Perhaps what he meant is that it gives you no direct information regarding your NDL, like a continuous or segmented bar graph may.

I actually never pay attention to that graph during a dive. I look at my NDL number. I’ll look at the graph during surface intervals or after I’m done for the day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom