Help with air integrated computer choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akulamd

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I think that the time has come to upgrade my computer. I currently own Oceanic VT Pro. It has served me well, but I think it is time to upgrade.
I would like something with graphical interface such as nitrogen loading bar. Can’t seem to find if Perdix AI or Suunto Core do this. Too bad Oceanic stopped manufacturing their horseless AI computers - I rather enjoyed mine.
I dive within recreational limits but am thinking
Of getting certified for the rebreather in the near future.
Please, let me know your thoughts on the subject.

Good point. Thank you. Either one of these has the tissue nitrogen loading bar? I am having trouble finding the videos that actually show the interface during the dive...

Perdix has a very small N2 loading graph in rec mode upper right corner next to the NDL display. Easy to miss.

As far as I know, Oceanic still markets the OCi. A nice little watch style AI computer somewhat similar to the GEO models.

Might this be what you’re looking for? Also applies to Perdix.

Either one of these has the tissue nitrogen loading bar?
The Teric does have the tissue loading graph in color, 10-16 tissues if I recall, the display is small but it is there, you can download the manual (rather than looking for videos) and see for yourself. The manual has a lot of additional info about this graph too. I am holding a Teric right now and looking at the display so no one will tell me there is none. :shakehead:

Might this be what you’re looking for? Also applies to Perdix.

The Teric does have the tissue loading graph in color, 10-16 tissues if I recall, the display is small but it is there, you can download the manual and see for yourself. I am holding Teric right now and look at the display.

I think he is looking for the simple display you find on many rec computers, a single bar graph that tracks only the leading compartment and tells you how close you are to his allowable max value. He won't find that on the Shearwaters of course, because they display all the compartments. I guess he could look at just the farthest-to-the-right line in the multiline display shown in post #6...but maybe that is too complicated? I hope not.

because they display all the compartments. I guess he could look at just the farthest-to-the-right line in the multiline display shown in post #6...but maybe that is too complicated? I hope not.
Yea, Teric is guilty of giving you more info, not less. It gives you all compartments. It takes a second to spot the most offending compartment. Yea, I hope it is not too complicated. :banghead:

Perdix AI has the small graph on the home screen, which is really useful during the SI as you can see your loading go down. Then there's the detail graph from the video above, which you can access with a few button pushes.

Back
Top Bottom