Help with reg choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any of the Atomic's would make an excellent cold water regulator. Be sure to order the optional 1st Stage environmental kit to prevent ice-up. The T2 and the M2 come standard with the environmentally sealed first stage. You will not be disappointed with any Atomic regulator. If you have any questions about their product line don't hesitate to ask, we are an authorized dealer and stock their full line of regs, masks, fins, etc.

I would not say that G250v is "a lot bigger". It is bigger, but not that much. I think its radius is ~1cm bigger only. I feel it is perfect for handling with gloves in your hand (specially the buttons, which are proportionally bigger).
Its Quite a Bit Bigger,its old school design.
I dont think thats a bad thing,but if you want a compact second you should go with the S600.

The g250v is bigger than the s600 but has a better air barrel in it made of metal not that stupid plastic of the s600 and the old g250hp was a major freezing point for second stage freeze up g250 should of never been changed in the first place

My G250V has a diameter of 9cm (so a 4.5cm radius), i have just measured with a ruler. I know I'm not good at estimating dimensions, and you made me curious to find out how bad I was this time.

Can anybody tell me the diameter of the S600 please, to compare with my estimate?

The s600 diameter is just under 7cm (about 6.8)

Wow, I was just right (I wasn't really expecting this). Thanks for the info, Bluey!

~7cm diameter = 3.5cm radius (S600)
~9cm diameter = 4.5cm radius (G250V)

Result: the G250V radius is 1cm bigger than S600. ("I think its radius is ~1cm bigger only" to quote myself)

The s600 diameter is just under 7cm (about 6.8)

The g250v is bigger than the s600 but has a better air barrel in it made of metal not that stupid plastic of the s600 and the old g250hp was a major freezing point for second stage freeze up g250 should of never been changed in the first place
I agree Thats what makes the G250V so appealing,Kinda makes you wonder why they cannot do the same with the S600.

As i stated earlier I had both regs in my hand and th LDS got Scuba Pro on the phone for me and i spoke with a reg teck there i asked a few questions and based on his answers i made my choice now i am never going ice diving but the hose routing on the MK25 is great and the S600 breaths fantastic why not have you LDS call Scuba Pro talk to a Reg tech see what he has to say and read some of Da Aquamaster's threads on regs he is excellent with scubapro

Back
Top Bottom