Hibiscus Street Saturday 1/15/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just checked the forecast for tomorrow. Winds are susposed to die down a little by tonight, then pick backup by tomorrow afternoon. Currently there is a small craft advisory..

TONIGHT
WINDS SOUTHWEST AROUND 10 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHWEST LATE.
SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. SCATTERED SHOWERS
AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS THIS EVENING...THEN SCATTERED SHOWERS.

SATURDAY
WINDS NORTHEAST 10 TO 15 KNOTS. NEAR SHORE...SEAS BUILDING
TO 3 FEET BY AFTERNOON. IN THE GULF STREAM...SEAS BUILDING TO 6 FEET
BY AFTERNOON. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP IN EXPOSED AREAS.
CHANCE OF SHOWERS

A great day to dive!

We're going to get wet anyway, so what's a little rain? And 2-4 foot seas? That's nothing - a light chop at best. It builds character. :D

Can you tell I want to get out really, really badly?

Jenny - we'll touch base later.

Marc

Make a beach diver outa ya yet!

I'd like to join y'all for the beach dive, weather permiting. I've met a few of this conchy crew last June/July at thte south Dania beach pkg lot. I'm new to the area (conditionally new) and not familier with the Hibiscus location. Specific directions or location would be appreciated as well as confirmation of the time. Seems like 0900 is the most popular.

Who makes the final call on the weather, and in what form? Or is the protocol to:
A) show up.
b) Decide as a group on either Diving or another cup of coffee.

Doug

Just showing up is quite a day in itself. Worst comes to worst a nice breakfast somewhere, and you're branded a warm water wussie for not tackling those curling 4 footers. :D

Maytag...A dance...not an appliance! Performed in churning water with fascinated onlookers :wink:

I would love to get wet. Count me in for the beach or the spring, just let me know. I also don't know the exact location so would appreciate some specifics. Thanks and I can't wait.
back40

PMs are being sent although I don't really know why I bother with them- the whole of Florida & beyond already knows!

DougRencher:
I'd like to join y'all for the beach dive, weather permiting. I've met a few of this conchy crew last June/July at thte south Dania beach pkg lot. I'm new to the area (conditionally new) and not familier with the Hibiscus location. Specific directions or location would be appreciated as well as confirmation of the time. Seems like 0900 is the most popular.

Who makes the final call on the weather, and in what form? Or is the protocol to:
A) show up.
b) Decide as a group on either Diving or another cup of coffee.

Doug

That is exactly the right protocol! You'll fit right in.... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom