Holy hog!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No problem. The offer is always open when I am in town. I do have two complete sidemount setups, including tanks. I would be willing to let you try one.

---------- Post added January 11th, 2013 at 08:27 PM ----------

Oh let me ask you, are you wanting to do OW sidemount or penetration? Steel or aluminum?

---------- Post added January 11th, 2013 at 08:28 PM ----------

And yes, it is pure preference on the gauges. Some like them down the tanks on 6 or 9" hose and then pull them forward. I normally have mine tucked in to inner tube on my harness so they do not snag anything.

7ft on the right, 36 or 38 bungied around my neck on the left, 12" BC inflator and drysuit hoses, 2 lightweight brass with plastic faced gauges lollipop style. The lollipop won't work if your are stage/front mounting. They only really work when the tanks are quite high and behind your armpits.

7ft on the right, 36 or 38 bungied around my neck on the left, 12" BC inflator and drysuit hoses, 2 lightweight brass with plastic faced gauges lollipop style. The lollipop won't work if your are stage/front mounting. They only really work when the tanks are quite high and behind your armpits.

Exactly. I use small gauges as well, an a lot of lollipopped gauges look like this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357954760.522067.jpg

No problem. The offer is always open when I am in town. I do have two complete sidemount setups, including tanks. I would be willing to let you try one.

---------- Post added January 11th, 2013 at 08:27 PM ----------

Oh let me ask you, are you wanting to do OW sidemount or penetration? Steel or aluminum?

---------- Post added January 11th, 2013 at 08:28 PM ----------

And yes, it is pure preference on the gauges. Some like them down the tanks on 6 or 9" hose and then pull them forward. I normally have mine tucked in to inner tube on my harness so they do not snag anything.

Aluminum is what Ill use for now. I'd like to get into pentration wreck dives and have even been given thought to go get cave certified as well back up in my birth town of Ocala, FL. My uncle use to cave dive and I didnt think I'd ever be interested in it but have noticed I've become more interested in doing it. What system have you been using? I want to get my hands on the razor system peronally.

It seems to me the only reason for having a long hose is for air sharing in a mixed team, which would imply 7'. In my initial sidemount course, I had the long hose on my right tank, routed across my chest and around my neck, hog style. I've since dispensed with it when diving with another sidemount diver. Looking at Brian Kakuk's video, though, I'm going to try it on the left side like he recommends if I need it again. His scheme avoids ever having to unclip the long hose in order to donate--it either comes out of your mouth, or just pulls out of the necklace.

Aquabot, I have a UTD Ztrim I use for alumimum and a Manta for steel. Both are harness systems like the razor. I am seriously considering purchasing the Xdeep system. It looks very nice. I can let you try the UTD if you like.

Ron, you are correct on the log hose. I just keep them on all my setups no matter who I dive with. Just my thing.

It seems to me the only reason for having a long hose is for air sharing in a mixed team, which would imply 7'. In my initial sidemount course, I had the long hose on my right tank, and routed across my chest and around my neck, hog style. I've since dispensed with it when diving with another sidemount diver. Looking at Brian Kakuk's video, though, I'm going to try it on the left side like he recommends if I need it again. His scheme avoids ever having to unclip the long hose in order to donate--it either comes out of your mouth, or just pulls out of the necklace.

That does make sense, I was originally planing on sporting the long hose on the left do to the fact that the hog reg I have ( and the other one I will be ordering ) hook up from the right.

---------- Post added January 11th, 2013 at 08:51 PM ----------

Aquabot, I have a UTD Ztrim I use for alumimum and a Manta for steel. Both are harness systems like the razor. I am seriously considering purchasing the Xdeep system. It looks very nice. I can let you try the UTD if you like.

Ron, you are correct on the log hose. I just keep them on all my setups no matter who I dive with. Just my thing.

Absolutly, But when ever you free up you time of course and we can plan on getting together...now to figure out who in the hell has a pool I know lol.

If you are going to order a another reg from Hog, request a reversible 2nd stage. Check out the bottom of this link. It's only a few dollars more in the grand scheme of things.

Regulators by HOG - Highly Optimized Gear - Dive Gear Express

Funny thing is I saw that after I had filled out the warrenty info for the one I bought today and the two 1st stages lol I'll probably check to see if Add helium can order it for me so I can stop by on my lunch and pick it up. I dont care to much for having thing like this delivered to my apt complex.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom