Home Remedy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rub it with a kelp leaf.

Toothpaste (non gel).

No remedy will be very effective if your mask is not really super clean and conversely, most any solution, be it spit or commercial defogger will work well on a super clean mask lens.

(I'll have to try the kelp leaves! :wink: )

Is best to use to keep the fog out of mask?:confused:

No remedy will be very effective if your mask is not really super clean and conversely, most any solution, be it spit or commercial defogger will work well on a super clean mask lens.

(I'll have to try the kelp leaves! :wink: )

Sorry, mud99... this question should have been asked right off: Is your mask new? New masks seem to have a "film" on the interior lens. If you don't use an abrassive product such as toothpaste, softscrub, or a cleaner from your LDS prior to use, it will fog.

Sorry, mud99... this question should have been asked right off: Is your mask new? New masks seem to have a "film" on the interior lens. If you don't use an abrassive product such as toothpaste, softscrub, or a cleaner from your LDS prior to use, it will fog.

double check with where you bought the mask prior to doing this, some masks don't require it . . .

There appear to be medical reasons to avoid using spit. Nevertheless, a lot of divers do it that way.

why? if you're not sharing your mask with anyone, then no worries.

no worse than sticking your mask in a "communal rinse bucket" that has a mask that have snot in them from everyone on the boat.

also not like the boat crews santitize that bucket between weekend trips? so chances are it sits out on the deck has spit in it, snot, bird poop, a few dead bugs and people have no problem putting their mask in the coummunity "germ bucket" and then applying it to their eyes and nasal passages?

kinda makes you go hmmmmmm.... doesn't it? :popcorn:

My LDS sells stuff called 200+ Viz. Kind of a blueish gell that works pretty darn good. Use one drop, rub it around and let it sit about 15 mins before a dive. Rinse with water and wear. You can even apply it under water, if you need to.

Peace,
Greg

no worse than sticking your mask in a "communal rinse bucket" that has a mask that have snot in them from everyone on the boat.

also not like the boat crews santitize that bucket between weekend trips? so chances are it sits out on the deck has spit in it, snot, bird poop, a few dead bugs and people have no problem putting their mask in the coummunity "germ bucket" and then applying it to their eyes and nasal passages?

Now that you mention that....ewwwww.....I'm never doing that again......

Toothpaste (non gel). Cleaned with a toothbrush.

It will work. Do it before every dive. Never fails.

My wasting of breath & bandwidth is now over.

Y'all may resume the touting of $9 a bottle Mask Defog made from Sweat scarped gently from the Inner Thighs of Virgin Swedish Dive Mistresses.

Repeat after me: Toothpaste.

It will work. Do it before every dive. Never fails.

My wasting of breath & bandwidth is now over.

Y'all may resume the touting of $9 a bottle Mask Defog made from Sweat scarped gently from the Inner Thighs of Virgin Swedish Dive Mistresses.

Repeat after me: Toothpaste.

thats why it tastes so sweet . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom