Home Remedy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heck I'm even too cheap to get the Johnsons, I get generic baby shampoo! (works like a charm)

I have this huge bottle (must be a quart) of 500 psi that I've been using for many years (a little goes a long way). I also have a bottle of "lemon fresh" Joy, which works well too. Some days my spit is great, but other days it sucks ... never been able to figure that one out.

Thanks. Have you ever forgotten to clean a mask, then noticed it fogging more than when you do clean them?

I have not, but as I dive this weekend I will double check. I have a mask with a new lense in it, and I have not cleaned it yet.

Yea but, if your thirsty you can get a drink from the ol' rinse bucket but, rinse my gear in it no way.
Ever seen anyone rinse their wetsuit in the large bucket? Do you know what some people do in their wetsuits while diving? I'll leave it at that...

Unless they're ill, urine is quite sterile, in some places it is used as part of folk medicine.

why? if you're not sharing your mask with anyone, then no worries.

no worse than sticking your mask in a "communal rinse bucket" that has a mask that have snot in them from everyone on the boat.

also not like the boat crews santitize that bucket between weekend trips? so chances are it sits out on the deck has spit in it, snot, bird poop, a few dead bugs and people have no problem putting their mask in the coummunity "germ bucket" and then applying it to their eyes and nasal passages?

kinda makes you go hmmmmmm.... doesn't it? :popcorn:

AARRGGGG!!!!! I never gave this much thought. This is right up there with finding a hair in your food at a restaurant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom