Hotels in Islamorada or Key Largo in late December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, this will be a diving little side trip while visiting family in Tampa. Clean and safe for a fair price was the criteria, we're looking to spend as much time in the water as possible. I found a room at a Days Inn not far from Key Dives for $167/night, given other prices I saw in that area for that period (the week between Christmas and New Year) it seemed like a fair price. The reviews I found were mostly positive.

That's ironic. I'll be making a little side trip to visit family in Tampa for Christmas, while on a diving trip to the Keys. :D

I'm staying at Holiday Isle on the 26th. If you're around Islamorada that Monday night, I'll buy you a beverage at the Oceanview Sports Pub for Monday Night Football (place is owned by an ex-Pittsburgh Steeler). From Tuesday to the following Wednesday, I'll be staying in Key West.

The Ocean Point condos that we have stayed in are nice, but a little pricey for a couple. No idea what they run at XMAS, but they are generally 50%+ more that Holiday Inn. We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Largo, and it was nothing special but had a nice pool and clean rooms. Normally it is around $100 a night but the week between 12/25-12/31 it is $225 a night bottom price... ouch!

We stay at the Sunset Inn MM 82 which is $55.00-$85.00 a night depending on if you want a kitchen. I have no clue what they charge at XMAS, and the rooms are outdated but they work.
Islamorada, Florida Keys hotels, resorts - All the resorts in Islamorada, Florida

Largo is not going to be a bargain that week as I am guessing a lot of locals are down that week.

Good Luck...

The Ocean Point condos that we have stayed in are nice, but a little pricey for a couple. No idea what they run at XMAS, but they are generally 50%+ more that Holiday Inn. We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Largo, and it was nothing special but had a nice pool and clean rooms. Normally it is around $100 a night but the week between 12/25-12/31 it is $225 a night bottom price... ouch!

We stay at the Sunset Inn MM 82 which is $55.00-$85.00 a night depending on if you want a kitchen. I have no clue what they charge at XMAS, and the rooms are outdated but they work.
Islamorada, Florida Keys hotels, resorts - All the resorts in Islamorada, Florida

Largo is not going to be a bargain that week as I am guessing a lot of locals are down that week.

Good Luck...

I found the Days Inn, and according to the Key Dives guys, it's good and they haven't heard complaints from their customers.

So looks like I'm all set, afternoon dives with Key Dives on the 27th and 28th, no plans yet for the mornings of those two days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom