How are you going to spend 9/11/02?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spend the day at work and reflecting on the past year. Having grown up in Downtown NY - I remembered always seeing or walking by the Towers and looking at how huge they were. Today is very weird - I can't believe it has been 1 year. Listening to the radio this morning going into work made me very sad.

Take care,
Eric

. . . and promise not to engage in a political discussion on the board all day.

And I'm taking the little dancer to the memorial at the international fountain (or whatever they call it this month) this evening and lighting a candle. And thanks, AquaTec: we'll do that.

Today is a tough one for me, on one hand I feel pain from the events on the morning of 9/11/01.
On the other hand, the afternoon of 9/11/01 brought my daughter into this world, for this I am eternally happy.

We saw her that afternoon as a Ray of light on a dark day, every year from now on, 9/11 will be a day of happyness overshadowed by a day of remeberance.

As an Australian couple, we are very proud to call her our American Baby Girl.

No matter what country we end up living the rest of our days, she will always remember her American ties and always have respect for the fellow Americans who gave there lives on the day she was given life.

Dave

Happy Birthday CJ

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
On the other hand, the afternoon of 9/11/01 brought my daughter into this world, for this Im am eternally happy.

I don't believe in reincarnation in the realistic sense, but I do as a motivational tool to be the best that I can be. The thoughts abound at the potential greatness your daughter can achieve in her life are staggering!

I'm sure you are, and will be, immensely proud!

Back
Top Bottom