How do you adjust a stage position?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueTrin

Scallops aficionado
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Asking for a friend: this is him underwater.

Not sure why it looks like it is hanging so far under him. He is adamant that all rings are in the right position.

Is there a way to change the position of the stage compared to your body by adjusting a few things?

2506aad2-4fe9-415a-8919-60cdc23321ec.jpeg

I think it’s actually his top bolt snap that is too low

My humble opinion (take with a grain of salt)
  • Top bolt snap seems to be too low on crown/neck.
  • I'd move left d-ring back more on the waist harness.
  • Wrap excess leash around stage kit so the leash is shorter
  • I can't really tell but the chest d-ring could be a little low
1702937397359.png

Shorten the top leash and move it closer to the tank neck.

For starters, put a choker on the tank valve and hook the nose clip under it.
That is one way to implement post#5.

He is adamant that all rings are in the right position.

Unfortunately you need to break it to him that his perceptions aren't accurate. The shoulder D ring should be up by his collar bone not down at his nipple line. The waist dring is a good 8cm too far forward.

Being receptive to your feedback (and not adamant about anything) is the first step on the way to improving.

Unfortunately you need to break it to him that his perceptions aren't accurate. The shoulder D ring should be up by his collar bone not down at his nipple line. The waist dring is a good 8cm too far forward.

Being receptive to your feedback (and not adamant about anything) is the first step on the way to improving.
Yeah, this ☝️

I don’t think anything needs to be done to the bottle itself, top bolt is on crown and bottom one appears to already be looped/shortened for a single stage use.

Its both harness Drings needs adjusting, specially shoulder one. Sometimes it may look excessive high up when out of the water, but when in trim, “Superman” position it sits just right.
IMG_0309.jpeg

I might have exaggerated the shoulder position on the pic a little, but truly just a little

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom