How do you adjust a stage position?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What they said. But also, I like to route my hose and second stage on the right hand side (when facing the first stage and rigging kit) of the and bolt-snaps so I can see the reg and grab it easily with my right hand.

Asking for a friend: this is him underwater.

Not sure why it looks like it is hanging so far under him. He is adamant that all rings are in the right position.

Is there a way to change the position of the stage compared to your body by adjusting a few things?

View attachment 816343
Stage or Pony?

If stage: Yer gonna die! Get doubles!

If pony: Yer gonna die! Get Doubles!

But seriously in addition to all of the above, maybe rig the bottle as a SM deco bottle and clip it to the butt D-ring?

Also, He's Gonna Die!

It's a real arse biter that adamant

Stage or Pony?

But seriously in addition to all of the above, maybe rig the bottle as a SM deco bottle and clip it to the butt D-ring?

Also, He's Gonna Die!
But he is on doubles 😂

* reading the last line * ah he’s gonna die anyway

Thanks for the input, I’ll collate this in a constructive plan where he can try a few things one by one and see if that helps.

What they said. But also, I like to route my hose and second stage on the right hand side (when facing the first stage and rigging kit) of the and bolt-snaps so I can see the reg and grab it easily with my right hand.
Does that work with two deco cylinders if you have both of them mounted on one side?

Stage or Pony?

Also, He's Gonna Die!

They are on a twinset (doubles)... There is no pony or stage - it's a deco bottle. I don't think rigging it on the butt D-ring would work with two bottles later on.

have you shown him the pic ? dos he think its ok?
need to experiment as others have suggested
i use a combination of bungie and clip -allows you to pull tanks away while getting your hand inbetween tanks

Funny, I didn't notice that he was diving doubles.

I've really come to prefer the sidemount two bungee configuration , but to clarify, in back mount, I will clip the bottom of the tank to the left D-ring, not the butt.

Bottom line is if he likes it this way, cool for him, let him dive.

Stage or Pony?

Also, He's Gonna Die!
You've been watching Resident Evil?
redqueen.gif

Back
Top Bottom