How often do you dive?

How often do you dive in a year?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't see my category....never enough.

I am lucky that I get to travel as part of my job, so for the last seven-and-a-half years I have been logging 300-plus dives per year, with a one-week trip every month for the entire time, plus kit-testing dives in the UK on a monthly basis as well.

However, I have a new arrival due any day, so I have had two months with no foreign trips because 1) I didn't want to miss the birth of my first child, and 2) I value my dangly bits, which would soon get removed by my wife if I wasn't here! :11:

Still, have a few quarry testing dives coming up at the end of the month, and DEMA in early November, but that still doesn't get me wet (just really, really drunk!), that has to wait till Rodruiguez at the end of November! :D

Mark

I just looked at my log...I have 31 so far this year, 3 more tomorrow and maybe 2-3 trips with 2-3 dives each this year, so I will get over 40 for the year. I thought that was a lot!! I guess not with this crowd :wink:

I get in 8-10 dives a month. Like Toolbox said, if you look around, you can find close-in diving that you can take advantage of.

Not as often as I'd like ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

no way near enough as I am not into coldwater diving and I am in the UK, soon to change though....

And how would you go ABOUT diving more often, Bob? I mean, really!

I'd be in the water every night if I could, but I think the divorce would be even more expensive than the diving.

Yup.

I hit 200 in 15 months. It's not enough. This work nonsense just gets in the way, and so does the fact that my dive buddies work even more than I do and can't dive during the day, during the week. It's annoying.

I'm pretty close to 200 this year. Mostly cold water dives in the great lakes to shoot photos. Just under a quarter of those would be in the tropics in warm salt water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom