How often do you dive?

How often do you dive in a year?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warren_L:
I'm pretty close to 200 this year. Mostly cold water dives in the great lakes to shoot photos. Just under a quarter of those would be in the tropics in warm salt water.

Helps a lot when you don't have a real job that actually requires attendance at a specific place and time on a regular basis......lol..... :wink:

It was a personal goal of mine to get 100 dives in this year, which I will definitely achieve (I'm in the 80s now). I felt this would be a decent accomplishment in northern MN, since winter lasts so long. I still dive in the winter (ice dive) but the weather slows you down and really makes you work for it, that's for sure. It takes all day just to get in thirty minutes of blowing bubbles. I would shoot for 200 but I think I'd have to quit my job first (not a bad idea....!)

I guess im considered hobby, I dive about 2 times a month. Not as much as I would like, but being a full time student in college takes up most of my time

what about us who WORK as divers.. some days you just want to say screw it and stay at home..... especially when rainy and windy etc.... not fun when its like that

I am averaging 20 per year,I tend to dive in spurts where I will dive a lot for a couple months then have a few dry months

I am in the 40 to 50 per year average depending on the weather in the winter time here. Last year all of the hurricanes and bad weather but a damper on things. This year has been a pretty good year for diving in South East Florida.

TOM

Warren_L:
Nuthin beats being your own boss. :D

Uhoh, then I'm doing something wrong over here..:confused:

I guess I should answer the poll.....a bit less than Warren L :eyebrow:

I dive every weekend, no matter what the season is, I have a local quarry less than a mile away, so if I don't take the boat out, I'll go there, or if some friends are going and I decide to go w/em I'll go. Sometimes I get 2 dives in during a week. Depends on work, home life and opportunity :)

Wow! I'm really stunned.

I really envy you guys who dives a lot, and seems to me, for everyone, whatever number is not enough.

For Mike, that's what I want to be. To dive so often that sometimes I have a chance to get sick of it!

So far I can conclude that we have a lot of frequent divers and ultra frequent divers, even for those who dive infrequently, we all have one same thing, we have been addicted to this (sport or non-sport) and even on land, we can't help but thinking and talking about diving.

So, we are pretty normal, aren't we? :)

Thanks for the vote so far, keep them coming.

Back
Top Bottom