How To Find A Dive Buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I must agree with Miss D! :D

SB is a great resource for finding dive buddies, and ironically I have as many or more dive buddies from FL and other areas as I do locally, and that is ALL ScubaBoard!

Another way is to get involved is with local dive clubs. There are several in Denver, and I'm sure anywhere you can dive, there are local clubs that organize dives.

The only downside to larger dive clubs/groups is more crowded boats, or locations! Thirty divers at Aurora Res is bound to stir things up! :11: ITK this year during the weekend was CROWDED! 30 divers on a Newton is still comfortable, but that is a lot of divers to put down!

Fortunately the SB crowd made for these dives to be still comfortable even if there were a lot of folks on the boat.

Diving is a buddy sport. One does not need 25 buddies to have good dives, and the odds of finding a good dive partner here are high if you post!

For me this is my "club". I've checked out local clubs but this is best for me. We have regular "happy hours" where we constantly invite new people to join. A local club has a meeting, say once a month.:ne_nau: Here, I can contact someone in my area with the click of a button. No need to wait on a meeting. Further with a club too often people can't make it to the meeting. With SB I can post a thread and anyone can drop by anytime that is convenient for them.:) I personally love this larger "club", it offers soo many more opportunities when compared to a handful of people at an LDS.

As for the crowded boats, I guess I never feel that when on an SB dive. We are all working together and most, if not all, are not complete strangers but extended family. Further, from keeping up with buddy's here, I know who I can go to for advice, who I can learn from, and who I might be able to help.

Networking with the people here on SB is the best advice I can give anyone. If you keep at it, you will have your pick of buddy's.

I find it weird that I can't find more people to dive with. And I wonder if it is due to the 'lds mentality' where they only dive with people with an association with the shop.... is it the same in other areas?

I just want to dive! So if anyone is coming to Nova Scotia let me know and I will happily be tour guide!

Jack

WaterBoy700 is looking for a Female to go scuba diving with, Lake Tahoe is my #1 choice, but not necessarily looking for a date to go with the dive. I am just like the rest of you guys, wishing that more women would be into the sport. Ok so lets see what happens.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom