How to pick a BP/W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now, I may be accused of inciting a riot here, but, my wife of 25 years (today!!!) regularly cleans and disinfects our toilet, but I don't think I want to drink out of it, although my Lab might. Neither do I want to be breathing out of any BC (insert type here). (I always maintain my gear to high levels and have yet to have a gear failure from a maintenance stand point.) I mean without practice, it would be risky for obvious reasons of doing something in an emergency w/o haven't gotten the skill down pat. The practicing of this skill would also be risky for health reasons.

Last edited:
I've seen more than a few bags get tangled and released over the years....nice to know you've got another one in your 'team'.
If I could have gotten a video of the first time I tried to deploy one (and it was the kind that had to be filled through the tube) ... :lotsalove:
Well, at least it supplied some comic relief for the team! :D

That's great...

Will add that to my current configuration of:

AIR 2
Spare Air
Console (AI spg, depth meter, compass, pacman game) on a retractable cord.
Fold-Up Fins
Enormous capacity wing, bungeed, with single tank.
Etch-A-Sketch underwater slate
Tropical Drysuit

Don't forget clear skirt mask and HOSELESS AI transmitter too.

Oh my, the SCUBA world is coming to an end. Damn these rec divers and their silly configurations.

Why, we oughtta have a SCUBA Inquisition...

Don't forget clear skirt mask and HOSELESS AI transmitter too.

Is that HOSELESS AI Transmitter as a redundancy to your INTEGRATED AI Computer.

Makes sense.

I wouldn't dive with less than 2 computers and 2 back-up depth/timing devices.

There really is no limit to how much you can strap to your arms...

and with some modern BCDs offering 12-18 D-Rings, there's no limit to what marvelous contraptions you can clip to yourself either!

Just be safe and clip ALL them on with 1m extendably curly cords....it would be terrible to lose something.

Oh my, the SCUBA world is coming to an end. Damn these rec divers and their silly configurations.

Why, we oughtta have a SCUBA Inquisition...

Didn't you know? It's a conspiracy. PADI force instructors to peddle these gimmicks...it's worth billions to the dive industry.

Scubapro Splitfins are actually being investigated by the same international commission responsible for cracking down on conflict diamonds and the smuggling of weapons grade uranium from the former Soviet Bloc...:eyebrow:

You know, that will cause you to die a slow miserable death :rofl3:

Unfortunately many people fail to see the necessity to improve their skills. However, considering I'm not a DM candidate I probably am failing to see the true need or importance of the Air2... After a few more cert cards I'm sure I'll see the light.

It's another cool toy they upgrade you to at your LDS, so it must be good, right?
I mean they are sales proffesionals afterall so they must know what's best. :rofl3:

Slight :hijack: on
Console (AI spg, depth meter, compass, pacman game)
Do they make anything besides pacman, because I am really bad at pacman, now space invaders ... I can see the use during deco! :rofl3: Your deco time would just fly by, although probably not as fast as your deco gas!

Etch-A-Sketch underwater slate
Now, where do you get one of those!? I don't think I saw it offered by Leisure Pro last I was browsing for some gray market ScubaPro regulators, so who does offer it? Does it come in different colors or only traditional red? :eyebrow:

:hijack: off

:hijack: continued momentarily....

Now, where do you get one of those!? I don't think I saw it offered by Leisure Pro last I was browsing for some gray market ScubaPro regulators, so who does offer it? Does it come in different colors or only traditional red? :eyebrow:

Have google for the Innovative Large Quest Slate :rofl3:

• Magnetic screen, erase, then write again
  • Erases with the push of a button
  • DIMENSIONS: 8.5" x 5.5"
  • Has a removable double sided conventional slate
  • COLOR: Yellow, Blue, Translucent Blue and Translucent Smoke

41IUU5ipGUL._SL500_AA275_.jpg

:confused: What!? NO RED!?

And I thought that you were kidding!!! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
Couldn't you just see taking some vital, I mean really important notes on say wreck hazards and getting on the boat you bump the thing and POOF! it goes blank! :rofl3::rofl3:

Your most likely to accidentally bump something while trying to 'chicken' wing yourself out of your HOG harness on a boat in rough seas, this of course is why the 'comfort' fit harness is so much safer.

I learned that from a DM candidate a while back.

Most of wing have no shoulder dump on right side, the lower dump doesn't work on acsent. It seems with air2, the only way to dump is to take the air2 out of mouth, raise the the corrogated hose, dump air, put air2 back into mouth, clear, take a few breathes and repeat the whole thing again. It sounds hassale to me.

Even with wings with shoulder dump on right side, the donner will usually have his/her right hand holding onto buddy's BC harness, so cannot really use right shoulder dump easily.

Am I missign something here? What is the main advantage?

And why does a lower dump not work on an ascent? If you are diving in a properly trimmed horizontal position it works fine. I watch the surface as I ascent, but don't go vertical till just below the surface. I use my lower dump when ascending and descending all the way from the surface and to the surface. It only takes proper technique to use the proper dumps on your BC or wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom