How to take care of Foggy Masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caveat:

Some manufacturers specifically warn against using toothpaste, and most would probably FREEK if you used ajax. You depart from THEIR recommendations at your own risk.

That said, I use unscented Colgate to initially clean my masks. I don't spend more than five minutes doing this. I do let the freshly cleaned mask sit full of water for an hour or so after the process to be sure that ALL of the toothpaste is gone: I have very sensitive eyes.

After that, I only use my tongue on mask. I really clean it up between dives and I NEVER have any fog. I lost a weekend of diving because of some residue anti-fog getting in my eyes so I steer clear of the stuff.

ZenDiva:
I was told to rub toothpaste (non gel type) into the lenses of my mask (no brush) rinse it well....then to use one of those no more tears baby shampoos between dives....small amounts on your lenses...let it dry a bit, then rinse off and it's supposed to keep them from fogging up............

*smile*

ZenDiva

Your avator is hot too....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom