Hurricane? Are You Doing Anything?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
I hope somebody calls me and gives me the two hour warning.

My daughter is camping on the North Shore....its raining already here. No wind though.

Did I miss something here? There's a hurricane coming and your daughter is camping on the beach?

If that's the case, water and windows would be the last of my worries.

Well, I'm located on the water at the base of Diamond Head. I bet the surge gets high, at the least. Maybe it will come over the wall.

But I doubt much will happen. If it does, I'll just walk to Leesa's place with her food and water for 6 people.

O2BBubbleFree:
Did I miss something here? There's a hurricane coming and your daughter is camping on the beach?

It's still several days away and expected to pass south of us. It's just a watch now.

catherine96821:
We have a bit of a psychological phenomenon here, I have noticed. Since we are the *only*specks out here it looks/feels more ominous than if we were say sitting in South Carolina watching a Hurricane 6-800 miles away, just because the chances would be that it would be more likely to roll into somebody else......
The psychological phenomenon has more to do with having nowhere to go if it does hit us and if we got slammed real hard it would likely put a huge kink in the distribution system. We also have a huge reaction from locals that is a leftover of the war era. They’ve been thru a big disaster. First things you have a big run on if there’s an impending disaster or a dock workers strike are TP and rice.

I'm doing absolutely nothing. Just returned from vacation yesterday and had no idea about the hurricane. I tend to go into a "vacation bubble" while I'm away and am shockingly uninformed about anything that has been happening while I'm gone.

Even if I had been aware of the hurricane, I'm not sure I would have been doing much in preparation. Hurricane watches/warnings are not too uncommon - I think I've become desensitized somewhat.

If something did happen, I can always copy Becky. :D

[/QUOTE]But I doubt much will happen. If it does, I'll just walk to Leesa's place with her food and water for 6 people.[/QUOTE] :D :D :D :D :D

The psychological phenomenon has more to do with having nowhere to go if it does hit us and if we got slammed real hard it would likely put a huge kink in the distribution system. We also have a huge reaction from locals that is a leftover of the war era. They’ve been thru a big disaster. First things you have a big run on if there’s an impending disaster or a dock workers strike are TP and rice.

lol..maybe

What is this island's pre-occupation with TP? I have heard of the infamous dock workers strikes. Linda Lingle will tell them to knock it off, won't she?

and everybody telling us to gas up the cars.....and then?

duct tape the windows :D

O2BBubbleFree:

yes, she comes home tonight. There is no reason to change the plans when it is still hundreds of miles away, is there? She is 17....has phone, with adults.
duct tape the windows ---that would be a big mess.
I did get some cash today and I covered the boat yesterday. I need bigger fenders.

Back
Top Bottom