I am going to Leisure Pro..does anyone want anything??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also they are offering free shipping now for the holidays. Their shipping charges are a major gripe for some people. I would not buy anything when you are there, you will get killed paying the NYC sales tax, unless they offer to ship it to NJ for you to avoid the NYC sales tax. I am assuming that you will then go to your local Department of Revenue office and pay the appropriate use tax. :wink:

I like them.

They rush me on the phone in a New Yorky kinda way, but I have adjusted to it.

They have EVERYTHING, and the prices are great. They own Adorama camera also, I think.

I can't remember if it was Oceanic or Zeagle equipment, but I do remember a thread where reps from those companies posted about purchasing equipment from LP to determine where they were getting it from and LP did remove the serial numbers. I do not however recall if it was regs. I'm too lazy to do the necessary searches to pull up that post, but if someone else remembers more please speak up. I honestly believe if it were not for outfits like LP the prices we would pay at our LDS would be even higher, so I do not consider myself anti LP even though I've never bought from them (which will probably change in the near future, especially for certain items).

can you get me a zeagle s/steel backplate, ripcord weight system and delux harness.. and a tee for hubby would be nice also

while your there - take some pics to show us what they are like

cheers

GeorgeC:
Over the next few weeks I am going to make a trip to Leisure Pro. I plan to purchase a few things but also looking to verify if some of the things said about LP are true. For example, do they remove the serial numbers from the regulators?

I have never purchased from them in the past but am tired of forking over tons of money to my LDS while he acts like he is doing me a favor.

Does anyone have suggestions on things to confirm or myths to debunk?
Yes buy all their gear and email me all the serial numbers please. I have a lot of questions about those serial numbers.

ams511:
Also they are offering free shipping now for the holidays. Their shipping charges are a major gripe for some people. I would not buy anything when you are there, you will get killed paying the NYC sales tax, unless they offer to ship it to NJ for you to avoid the NYC sales tax. I am assuming that you will then go to your local Department of Revenue office and pay the appropriate use tax. :wink:
I'll do the same as LP call me order it ...free shipping and full warranties..I am in Cali so no sales tax outside cali. 877 OK SCUBA

almitywife:
while your there - take some pics to show us what they are like

cheers

I was tempted to take a pic when I was there earlier this month... :eyebrow: I had just picked up a camera downstairs at their sister camera shop Adorama. You take a elevator up to the 3rd Flr (2nd?) and you find, surprise, a pretty normal looking dive shop. The main area has your standard goodies... masks, accessories, torches - everthing you would expect at a dive shop. Wetsuits, booties, BCD's in the back. Look like maybe a warehouse/ workshop towards the side with tanks and other larger gear. Behind the cashier's desk, there were a coupe of Orthodox Jews manning the PC's with head sets on. Found the sales guy pretty knowledgable and friendly.

GeorgeC:
..snip..
For example, do they remove the serial numbers from the regulators?

..snip..

How do you remove the serial number from a reg?
All mine have the numbers punched in. You would have to grind it off and then replate the reg. Even then there are techniques to know what the number was as the stress lines go deeper.

pakman:
I was tempted to take a pic when I was there earlier this month... :eyebrow: I had just picked up a camera downstairs at their sister camera shop Adorama. You take a elevator up to the 3rd Flr (2nd?) and you find, surprise, a pretty normal looking dive shop. The main area has your standard goodies... masks, accessories, torches - everthing you would expect at a dive shop. Wetsuits, booties, BCD's in the back. Look like maybe a warehouse/ workshop towards the side with tanks and other larger gear. Behind the cashier's desk, there were a coupe of Orthodox Jews manning the PC's with head sets on. Found the sales guy pretty knowledgable and friendly.

It is an orthodox business. The guys selling barely dive, or don't dive at all. Sometimes they hire some minor dive pro. to assist with the floor. Overall, it's a business made to get orders out the door. Overall, they are OK, but far better to support an LDS if you are interested in supporting the dive community and dive professionals.

Back
Top Bottom