I am going to Leisure Pro..does anyone want anything??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A person's or persons' religious convictions have nothing to do with the type of business operated.

I've never had anyone describe me as a Methodist quality assurance manager.

Let's keep the religious aspects out of the discussion, please.

The Kraken

The Kraken:
A person's or persons' religious convictions have nothing to do with the type of business operated.

I've never had anyone describe me as a Methodist quality assurance manager.

Let's keep the religious aspects out of the discussion, please.

The Kraken

My statement was factual. It has nothing to do with a religious convictions. However, I do see your point. Please feel free to remove my post.

X

I haven't personally seen a reg with no serial number, but possible explanations could be:

I have seen cheap copies of Cochran products and Zeagle products that the customers claimed they bought online. None of the fakes had serial numbers, and they appeared to be the real thing until you picked it up, and then the cheaper materials were obvious.

Some of the online dealers buy their stock from authorized dealers that will lose the line if they are found out. Some serial numbers could be removed to protect the source.

I don't think the "Orthodox" comment was meant in any way other than a simple description. It is obvious, and something that anyone will notice, just as if they were nuns.

I recently got back into diving when I discovered Dutch Springs, PA was less than an hour away. When I checked the DS website, one of the requirements was that every diver must have a timing device. Since I had given my dive watch to my son years earlier, I had to get one. I decided to go straight for the dive computer rather than get a watch now and a computer later.

So I did my research, decided on the model, then shopped prices online. LeisurePro came out with the lowest price so I bought from them.

What I did NOT understand was that I was not going to get the Oceanic warranty with the computer. Instead, I got a LeisurePro warranty. Is this a bad thing? I don't know and I hope that I won't ever find out.

Since then I have become aware of the so called third party resellers/support your LDS issues, and have bought all my new equipement (Christmas present for myself...27 days till Christmas...)

Two conclusions: first, I could look at/rent the equipement (which I did twice and the LDS subtracted the rental cost from my purchase price!). I tried on the equipment, different BCs, etc, AND I believe that the gave me a good price AND treated me nice. I now consider them to be my LDS.

Second, LP (and other online stores) still have the lowest prices. And Leisure Pro treated me VERY well on the phone when I bought the computer. I would not hesitate to buy from them again, if it was the bet choice.

Third (okay, I know I said 'two' but I'm adding a 'third'), I WANT MY LDS TO STAY IN BUSINESS! They are only 1 mile from Dutch Springs (my 'home field') - their name is Lehigh Valley Dive Center, I pass them on the way to DS....If I ever have a problem with my equipment, I can drop it off for repair on my way home, then pick it up on my next dive trip to DS

Just can't do that with the online stores so I will probably limit what I purchase from them to items that will not likely need servicing.

I bought my regulator from them just last Sunday and they were very nice and friendly. I was trying to get some info abut new computers on this forum and from my diving instructor but the sales person was even more knowlegable by giving me more details. I haven't tried my regulator yet, but it's definitely brand new and has a number on it.

As there are no "local" dive shops where I am located, I either order my gear from local dive shops that have websites, or the usual online businesses, SCUBA.com, Leisure Pro, or SCUBAToys.

I have never had a problem with any of my gear thus far that I have received and have been completely satisfied with my purchases. The only major piece of gear I purchased from a lds and hour away was my ScubaPro Regs. Luckily I can get nitrox fills from my buddy who runs a comercial diving business just down the street.

-Michael

i boughy my titan lx from leisure pro. the serial number was still on it.

TxHockeyGuy:
I can't remember if it was Oceanic or Zeagle equipment, but I do remember a thread where reps from those companies posted about purchasing equipment from LP to determine where they were getting it from and LP did remove the serial numbers. I do not however recall if it was regs. I'm too lazy to do the necessary searches to pull up that post, but if someone else remembers more please speak up. I honestly believe if it were not for outfits like LP the prices we would pay at our LDS would be even higher, so I do not consider myself anti LP even though I've never bought from them (which will probably change in the near future, especially for certain items).
I got my Zeagle Ranger Ltd from them and don't recall any missing serials.....I still love my LDS and will buy most things there...but they just don't carry Zeagle. On the other hand, never had any problems with LP. My 0.02.

Mr.X:
far better to support an LDS if you are interested in supporting the dive community and dive professionals.
Or you could just mail checks to the dive professionals you want to support. If you are interested in supporting the financial community and Wall Street professionals, PM me for wire transfer details.

GeorgeC:
It is interesting that LP has a blank page for used equipment. I will ask this and ask them to define "used"

I just saw this too. I figured it was because the use the same software as Adorama and used equipment in the camera world is very big business. Sometimes you can save a bundle, get something that looks ugly but works fine. Sometimes you can save almost nothing and get something lightly used. And sometimes you can spend a fortune for something that's in good shape and not made anymore. A different world than scuba gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom