I am going to Leisure Pro..does anyone want anything??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vladimir:
Or you could just mail checks to the dive professionals you want to support. If you are interested in supporting the financial community and Wall Street professionals, PM me for wire transfer details.
I have felt that way, but my LDS earns my support. I work with them, they take care of me, and they meet prices when requested. Some LDSs get mad when you ask them to meet an online price, and that's a good time to say bye-bye.
alc.gif

vladimir:
Or you could just mail checks to the dive professionals you want to support. If you are interested in supporting the financial community and Wall Street professionals, PM me for wire transfer details.

LOL! :rofl3: I think there should be a fund for starving divemasters! Heck, they work hard enough for peanuts, or the occasional free boat ride. Come to think of it...there should be a fund for instructors. I have never been able to balance costs/time with income derived from teaching. :D

GeorgeC:
Over the next few weeks I am going to make a trip to Leisure Pro. I plan to purchase a few things but also looking to verify if some of the things said about LP are true. For example, do they remove the serial numbers from the regulators?

Don't know about LP, but items with the serial number removed are typically things that have been recalled and/or "destroyed" by the manufacturer (or stolen).

I wouldn't buy or dive with anything that had the serial number defaced.

Terry

On the subject of Leisure Pro providing any additional discounts, they have been known to give you a little off if you are buying alot and paying in cash. 5-10% discount I've seen.

As far as I know the problem with them is not that they remove serial numbers from anything or sell anything that is not what they say it is, its that they sell stuff thats gray market. They are not authorized sellers for some of the manufaturers whose products they sell, so you do not get the full warranty from them that you would get at the LDS

If you haven't gone to LP -- you are in for a very cool, very NYC experience. Someone described LP as a "typical" dive store. I disagree -- the place is like nothing I have ever seen. It is a tiny place that is absolutely crammed with stuff.

In most cases when you ask for something they don't have it right in the store. They get on some sort of ancient intercom system and in a few minutes a guy mysteriously shows up with exactly the item you asked about. Where did he come from? Where do they keep the excess inventory? Who knows! Its all part of the experience.

One thing to note: they are closed on Saturdays for the Sabbath.

I have made purchases from Leisure Pro, Scuba.com and ScubaToys. LeisurePro offers the worst service of the three and seems less cordial in dealing with them. I know for a fact that ScubaToys will match or beat anyone's price and I also know from experience that when purchasing from ScuabToys, they take the time to be sure you getting what you need as well as what you want. I ordered a couple of wetsuits from ScubaToys and they phoned me that afternoon to tell me that they were out of stock but had a comparable suit available and would give it to me at the same price. This service seems unsurpassed and when you toss in the fact that the replacement suit sold for more but I got it for less, that is just lagniappe. (For all you unfortunates who cant live in New Orleans, lagniappe is a french word meaning something extra,, sort of like the baker's dozen where you get 13 instead of 12 with the order of a dozen)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom