I have a dream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 15 years old have my PADI Master Scuba Diver, Nitrox, Wreck, DPV, Deep, Dry suit, Peak performance bouyancy, Altitude, Under water hunter, and Under water navigator certifications as well as 67 logged dives and about 115 non logged dives I am signed up for a Cavern diver and ADV Nitrox class by TDI but I have this dream of when I turn 18 to work toward becoming an Extended range cave and Advanced Trimix instructor does anyone have any tips pointers advice of what I can do now to get started and what its like to do that kind of diving as well as what you would reccomend doing that will help me later down the road
Thanks
-Jordan

Hi Jordan,

Are any of your dives outside of classes? :shocked2: If I were you, I'd stop taking classes and concentrate on actually diving. Go take a useful class, like GUE-F. Most of the classes you posted are just, IMHO, classes that shops teach to make money but don't actually result in the student learning anything useful.

I would also concentrate on learning some better grammar; as a previous poster mentioned, having a paragraph-long sentence isn't something most people would take the time to read. :wink:

If you want to be those sorts of instructors by the age of 18, go for it. BUT, know that most people wouldn't feel comfortable taking a class from you. Why? Because at that age you still won't have very much experience diving, nor will you have very much experience in a position of leadership. You'll also have plenty of maturing to do, and that is one of the most important aspects of diving and being an instructor.

I am 15 years old have my PADI Master Scuba Diver, Nitrox, Wreck, DPV, Deep, Dry suit, Peak performance bouyancy, Altitude, Under water hunter, Under Water Race Driver, Under Water Coffee Maker, Under Water Myspace Editing, Under Water Advanced Exaggeration and Under water navigator certifications...
Seems that you have done most of what PADI et al have to offer.

However, after an extensive search lasting many hours (see, I can exaggerate, too :)), I have found the ideal course for you and your Divenutt 'twin' to do next. For one time only, I will not charge for this consultancy. :wink: ...
English for Everybody - Beginners English Course

You guys are a bunch of idiots he wasn't asking for advice on how to write. He's only 15 & writes better than some people I've seen on this board. If you can't advise him on his dream don't try to knock his writing. As for being an instructor at 18 if he shows confidence & has the knowledge & experience he shouldn't have any trouble.

John

"He's only 15" -- by 15 you should have mastered basic spelling and grammar.

We aren't stomping on his dreams, but rather, introducing him to reality.

You guys are a bunch of idiots he wasn't asking for advice on how to write. He's only 15 & writes better than some people I've seen on this board. If you can't advise him on his dream don't try to knock his writing. As for being an instructor at 18 if he shows confidence & has the knowledge & experience he shouldn't have any trouble.

John
If making up experience and certs is part of being of being an instructor, he certainly won't have any trouble.

John

I see someone using sock puppets, telling half truths and misrepresenting themselves in a public forum while asking for the shortest route to the most dangerous aspects of diving. I wouldn't entertain his request to help in his "dream"

All I see is a death wish.

IMHO The members are being kind by using humor to send a message... As obviously he cannot take it bluntly. Wait till the machine gunning cat let's his thoughts thru unfiltered.

He's 15 he has 3 years to hone his skills & hopefully he has respondable parents that will keep him safe & guide him in the right direction.

John

That may be true, but he has unfortunately already admitted to some exaggeration in another thread:
Divenutt315:
ok sorry went a little over bored [sic] with the master scuba diver course in the class but still technically a rescue diver
and there was another thread (since pulled) in which his sock puppet 'brother' got involved.

You may have a point, if the guy would just tell the truth! Unfortunately, everything about this guy (even his declared age does not match that on his myspace profile, which he links from his SB profile) points to trolling. He may well not be a troll, but if not, he needs to learn a little honesty.

Wow you guys are tough! I will say though, for myself I find the best way to get better at any skill is to keep learning about it. If getting cards is a way of improving skill I'm all for it. As for myself, I found that by continuing to train (i.e. go straight through to rescue diver and begin my 12 month plan for Divemaster) I have been able to stay focused on refining skills and hopefully not developing any bad ones for my first 100 dives. Sort of like flight training and the 100 hour student, just enough knowlege to kill yourself.
But,he had me going. Clearly, no spell or grammar check has been used in the production of this post!

Clearly, no spell or grammar check has been used in the production of this post!
:D

Seems the trolls have disappeared - maybe they were suspended at the same time as the 'brother' thread was pulled, or maybe they just got annoyed that they were rumbled. :wink:
But he had me going.
Yeah, me too. If he and his 'twin' managed a little consistency, they would have had us on the rope a lot longer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom