If you are~~~

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier:
Hue~~~~~~~~

If your heart almost broke and it makes your heart ache,,,,,,,,,,

Even for a solo diving.....?

It sounds like you are trying to tell us something. I'm sorry for whatever you are going through. Only you can judge the extent to which you are hurting. If it is very bad, don't solo dive (maybe not a good idea,anyway, but that's a different discussion).

I find the world below the water's surface as a healing place. I would dive.

Another thing I did many years ago was sit by the river where a guy was playing with his lab. He was throwing the "thingy" into the water and the dog would go get it. This dog was so enthusiastic and having so much fun, I found myself smiling mere moments after sobbing hysterically. (Don't ask - but problem has been solved)

Get outside of yourself for a break from the heartache.

It all depends on you, the situation, and how you'll react to the surroundings. Sometimes, I need to go for a dive or sail, to remind how great things in life are, other times, well I'm just better off not doing those things. Only the individual can know.

There is no better investment in one's well-being than a trustworthy psychologist during times that challenge a divers spirit. Generally, many cities and especially large universities imparticular offer extremely affordable professionals. Some cultures frown on such a thing but it is scientifically proven to help....

This last week or so starting at college, well it's a college of 50 thousand students, and I don't know any of them. My dormmates I kind of know but they are very big partiers and I'm not, so pretty much I've been lonely. Almost every day I've gone down to the lake on campus just to chill for a while, and it's been very relaxing. Now that the campus is "alive" and the boathouse is open, I've been taking a kayak out on the lake for about an hour every day that the boathouse is open (three days a week) and that too has been relaxing. Today I went to the beach and just walked around, that too was relaxing.

I'd get into the water if I had a dive buddy....but so far to deal with mild loneliness, I've just been getting around water as much as I can. It's been refreshing.

I live with clinical depression. Have had serious probloems in the past, did the therapy thing for several years till I learned how to live with depression. I also have had some serious heartbreaking situations during the past couple of years and and still am in the middle of some of it. My tendency is to stay home and hibernate, but I have found that a visit to my local quarry........is at least as good or better than therapy.

Donno. Never been depressed.

Might add that IMO if you are depressed enough to be suicidal I'd recommend that you avoid diving.

Nothing like a good long solo dive to get rid of stress. But it's not for everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom