I'm going crazy looking for a place to go to

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out the Club at Little Cayman. Meal package is through LCBR. Meets all of your criteria. I can speak from experience.

Check out my favorites page at:

Travel Links

Anything that I find interesting, I put up there. Don't forget that you can get some absolute screamer deals booking hotels with the airlines. Also, Continental Airlines does scuba trips - so all included.

I'd choose Indo over Fiji right now just because of price. Because of the bombing in Kuta where 200 tourists died - tourism has been decimated there. I never once felt unsafe there, even on the Simbawa, which is Muslim. (I'm not commenting on relegion here folks, just that some people were worried for us because of the bombing.)

Trip report is on Pictures The best trip we've ever taken. In fact, we'll be going back for 5 weeks summer of 2010. I hope the prices are still as good.

I'll send you a private message with the video page and login for these trips so that you can get a wag on the diving.

With me, half the fun is planning the trip! Can't help it - grew up with an airline pilot father, worked for American Airlines, America West and a travel agent for a while. My big thing is getting the best possible trip for the least amount of money. I burn stupid amounts of time that I could probably be making money finding these trips. :D

SMW

You might find it even more romantic to get creative. All that *service*? ...there is a lot to be said for meeting your own locals and paying them to do what you need. Private DM= 60/ day private cab...etc. Hire a boat...it just seems like more of an adventure, plus it is so easy.

[/url]

What Catherine said is true, normally you will not find the 5-star hotels and that the best dive areas go together. The places listed you have listed 'craracer' are okay at best when you speak of diving except maybe Cozumel.
If you want great diving then you end up giving up the 5 star rating with of course a few exceptions like the Palau Pacific Resort.
It's tough to find 5 star in the Caribbean with great diving, I'd say take Tim's advice if you are staying in the Caribbean and go with the Club on Little Cayman as you'll not regret the quiet or the exceptional diving.

My Wife & I sent our kids (12 & 10) to their Grandma's for the Summer Holidays and we went on a one Week Platinum Liveaboard in the Red Sea with Emperor Divers.

I can absolutely recommend this as a perfect diving holiday.

We did 20 dives over 6 diving days, (3,3,4,4,4,2) and it was amazing. There are a variety of itineraries to choose from and the prices are reduced as you get closer to the date. All meals and non-alcoholic drinks are included. On Gold and Platinum class, your Nitrox is free.

If you want any specific details, feel free to email me at Gerstner/at\Gmail/dot\com.

Regards

Richard

I haven't usually found overbearing service at high end resorts, I think many of them realize when they should provide service, and when trying to provide more "service" is a disservice. But many high end resorts aren't compatible with a dive vacation for one reason or another, so what you usually need to look for is a compromise between the many factors.

Hi craracer,

Here is your criterea:

This is my criteria: 4-5 star, all-inclusive, not more than 300 rooms, more than 2 dives/day, on the beach, prefer the dive shop to be at the resort but not set in stone, great food, relatively quiet, preferably no kids.

Not to: Jamaica or Mexico.

I have been reading the other posts, and have a few other thoughts on resorts. All of these have 3 boat dives a day (weather dependent) and are romantic settings for an anniversary. they are not large "resort type" places like you have been at in Mexico, but they are very nice none-the-less.

The Little Cayman Conch Club Condos mentioned before are very nice. The Little Cayman Diving is exceptional, especially Blood Bay Wall area, and there are some good specials going on there, as it is lower season in Sept. It is a great time of year to dive the Caribbean for warmth and calm waters, UNLESS, there happens to be a hurricane. Not likely, but it is hurricane season. Just lead a group there last November. Lucky me! Little Cayman Resorts, Cayman Islands, Caribbean

I would also suggest Anse Chastenet in St. Lucia. I have not personally been there, but would like to someday! This is an exotic resort with a nice house reef and boat diving, too. It is all-inclusive and have heard it has wonderful food, drink and ambiance. ANSE CHASTANET RESORT St Lucia, Caribbean's best romantic resort

Curacao has a larger resort-type property, Breezes, which is all-inclusive, as well. We stayed there before it was Breezes and found the house reef to be good and much to do or not to do at the resort. I believe they have an afternoon boat dive, too. Breezes Curacao

Let me know if you have any other questions, craracer! Happy 2nd Anniversary!

If you are looking for a quiet place with lots of diving, then the RIU hotels are definitely not your cup of tea. I did recommend the Sandals Halcyon in St. Lucia before, and scuba diving is included in your All-Inclusive price. With no kids allowed, 4 stars, 120 rooms or so, on the beach, great food – all your requirements are met. However, it is not cheap. St. Lucia is a good place for diving, and the population speaks English. However, the trip from the airport to the hotel is approximately 1 hour, but the flora and fauna is top-notch. There are more Sandals hotels in the Bahamas (more crowded) and in Jamaica (riffs are seriously depleted). Palau, Yap, and the Maldives are options if you want to venture further away.

However, it is not cheap.

The USD is so strong against the Rupia, right now, that would be luxurious for me.
Provence was pretty painful, financially, even with a house trade.

lol..can you enjoy luxury, knowing it is costing you three times what it would somewhere else? I have a hard time with that. I was in the Caribbean eight years, and Thai and Balinese people treat visitors pretty great relatively speaking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom