I'm going crazy looking for a place to go to

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ever considered Maui? I've done that once, going back again in a few weeks for 6 weeks, and it's much cheaper to lease a nice condo and pay for your food than going to a resort. Where I stayed last time was $65 a night with a pool, putting green, and right across the street from a beautiful beach. I think it was called Kihei Bay Vista, managed by Maui Vacation Rentals or something like that. The condo I stayed in was VERY roomy, with enough to accomodate 3 people, plus a full kitchen. Definitely worth it for me!!

Consider staying at the Ritz Carlton in Manalapan ( area of Palm Beach/ Lake Worth fl) and dive Boynton Beach. The diving is excellent, the charter boats out of Boynton are excellent, and few hotels anywhere will surpass this particular Ritz Calton. Aside from it's own restuarants ( I eat at the one overlooking the ocean frequently) , there are many more top restaurants within 2 miles...starting in the entertainment distrrict of Lake Worth, about 2 miles away.
Dan V

There's a lot to see in the Caribbean, it might not be on someone's Gold Standard list, but there's a lot to recommend it for the first thousand dives or so.
I understand and agree with your wisdom. Honestly, I could dive the same site a hundred times and not get bored. I always see something new to me. One of my main objectives in going somewhere else is to experience a new culture and broaden my horizons.

DanV. Thanks. I'll add that to my extensive list.

Vic: Hawaii is an excellent suggestion. I will be planning a group vacation for a bunch of doctors next February (who just happen to want to go to Hawaii). A condo would be great!

I can't believe how this thread has blossomed. I figured that I would get a few responses, but nothing like this! What a great community! I wish I could take all of you with me! :crafty::D

They like Hawaii cause they can deduct the trip, I think. (Didn't the IRS nix international travel deductions?)

Maui would be a good choice, I like Lahaina Shores myself. Molokini is fun diving.

Some friends gave me some diving maps for Maui and kauai. Looks like there is a lot of diving spots on lanai.

For our huge trip next year I'm looking into going to Atlantis Dive Resort in the Philippines. Anyone have any experiences with this place?

The IRS nixed deductions for international business related travel, Catherine?

I wonder how that will affect all my travel from the island to Lost Angeles? After all, as I'm sure you know... it does seem like another culture and country. Gulp!

going to Atlantis Dive Resort in the Philippines. Anyone have any experiences with this place?

It is the single best trip I have had to the South Pacific. Great diving, good service and a bargain! It fits all of your criteria excpet for the time required.

Well, no, make that two trips :) See my pix in the sig line, also in my SB Albums

Philippines_06_025.jpg

0-00000000000001_010.jpg

Philippines_06_177.jpg

I wonder how that will affect all my travel from the island to Lost Angeles? After all, as I'm sure you know... it does seem like another culture and country. Gulp!

hahaha, I've heard that said. Hey, come on , you can be at Fashion Island in 15 minutes and 65 dollars on the helicopter.

Not enough America for you there? :wink:

...what? like twenty years ago?

Doc, that bed doesn't look very big. I hear good things about that place though.

I talked to the owner of a LDS today and they said that they've been there several times. Needless to say, it comes highly recommended by them.

I am quickly finding that I have been disillusioned in thinking that I will find what I was looking for in my initial post.

I gave a huge list of places to my wife for opinions. Anyone have any experience with the following (aside from the people who suggested the places to me):

Site Plan :: Utopia Dive Village :: Utila, Bay Islands :: Honduras

Barefoot Cay, beach bungalows lodging rates

Turtle Beach Resort - Barbados, Caribbean Luxury Resorts

Little Cayman Beach Resort, Cayman Islands, Caribbean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom