Instructor Experience

How many dives and how many agencies do you teach for?

• 100 logged dives +

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • 250 logged dives +

• 350 logged dives +

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • 600 logged dives +

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 1000 logged dives +

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • 1 Agency

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • 2 Agencies

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • 3 Agencies

• 4 Agencies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 or more Agencies

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001 once bubbled...

And don't get confused by what Karl is saying. I'm sure he does his best but he doesn't appear to have a firm grip on the facts much of the time.

R..

Ich muss jetze lachen. Du spinnst wohl!

Ich weis, dass du willst nur hoeren welche gruppe es wahr, die uber ich sprache. Aber ich wurde lieber warten, bis wir mehr horen, von anderer leute. Und es gibt schon noch mehr als nur SNSI.

Verschtehst du jetzt?

GQMedic once bubbled...
Ok, since babysitting is out, can I at least have a spanking? :wink:

:spank:

Happy?

Dee once bubbled...
To everyone.....If this thread starts going downhill I'll start slashing posts to clean it up. Surely you guys have something better to do. I know I do and it's not baby sitting a bunch of grown men!

Dee, this thread already has gone down hill. So have many other thread since Karl has resumed posting. Karl only has two things to contribute to scubaboard: dangerous advice and wild incendiary claims. If you don't believe me look at his posts from the last day or so.

Dee,

With all due respect, you (I know it's collective, and not just you) whacked the wrong poster. I know you regulators have a tough job, but you have to take into consideration the credibility of the information.

The guy who got whacked (and I don't always agree with him) is coherent and sensible all of the time.

The other one is off the wall and just plain nuts.

You're letting the crazies run the assylum, and the sane ones are in solitary confinement.

On the way to being banned.....

Jack

Dee once bubbled...

Karl, I appreciate your restraint but you must understand that all anyone is asking is that you provide proof of your claims and/or statements. That's not an unreasonable request. I think everyone has been kindly asking for this proof that you refuse to give. With the exception of Motivation, whose post I have edited. Being nice doesn't mean making controversial statements and not being willing to back them up when asked.

Motivation...anymore name calling and your posts will be removed.

To everyone.....If this thread starts going downhill I'll start slashing posts to clean it up. Surely you guys have something better to do. I know I do and it's not baby sitting a bunch of grown men!

Karl_in_Calif once bubbled...

Ich muss jetze lachen. Du spinnst wohl!

Ich weis, dass du willst nur hoeren welche gruppe es wahr, die uber ich sprache. Aber ich wurde lieber warten, bis wir mehr horen, von anderer leute. Und es gibt schon noch mehr als nur SNSI.

Verschtehst du jetzt?

Hi Karl,

The SNSI is a member of the WRSTC. You probably know that. You probably also know that the WRSTC standards requires mask removal and replacement at the OW level. Because one diver's instructor didn't make him do it doesn't mean it's not the standard. That's the trap you fall in if you generalize too much from anecdotal evidence.

R..
P.S. Could you write me in English in the future, please. My German sucks.

Just chiming in on the training end, I'm a better instructor for having been exposed to multiple agencies. I don't think that any one agency has an exclusive market on being the best Instructor Trainers. I think my students benefit as a result.

detroit diver once bubbled...
Dee,

With all due respect, you (I know it's collective, and not just you) whacked the wrong poster. I know you regulators have a tough job, but you have to take into consideration the credibility of the information.

The guy who got whacked (and I don't always agree with him) is coherent and sensible all of the time.

The other one is off the wall and just plain nuts.

You're letting the crazies run the assylum, and the sane ones are in solitary confinement.

On the way to being banned.....

Jack

The "guy who got whacked" may be one of the good guys, but he crossed the line when he started calling names, regardless to whom he was speaking. That's the part I edited out.

Until the TOS is broken, there's not alot I or any other Mod can do. And those who are the most aggrivating know this. All I can tell you is the Mods are watching and keeping score.

LACounty4806 once bubbled...
Just chiming in on the training end, I'm a better instructor for having been exposed to multiple agencies. I don't think that any one agency has an exclusive market on being the best Instructor Trainers. I think my students benefit as a result.

I completely agree.

I know that some agencies are not popular. But they are still agencies, with protocols, and they issue cards. I may not agree with all of TDI's protocols, but at the very least they are worthy of discussion, in my opinion. I may also not agree with all of GUE's protocols, but they are at least worthy of discussion as well.

more out of convenience than any "choice." Back in the midwest where I did OW & AOW 20 years ago, the only dive shop in the area was PADI. After arriving in Guam 8 years ago, I was hired by a dive shop...at the time, still only AOW...mostly because I could speak Japanese, which is what most of our customers are....and the dive shop paid my way all the way through instructor.

I've heard "agency bashing" from all sides regarding all agencies, but I haven't seen enough to know if it's valid or not....often just a generalization made from seeing a particular diver or instructor, I think.

Chris
www.letsdiveguam.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom