Instructor trouble

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Optik

Reaction score
I just found out by one of the divecon's at the LDS (we are friends) that our instructor is not on the padi website and that he may not have padi certification. now i already recieved a card for basic and i am on my way to advanced. What could be going on? Is he pulling a scam?

Is it possible that your certification is through SSI?

The reason that I ask is your use of the term divecon. That's a name used by, I believe, SSI. I believe that the equivalent in PADI is a Divemaster.

If you have a PADI card, you can call PADI and ask them.

I just finished talking to padi on the phone and this is what i got back. "the instructor in question has not paid his insurance up to date and is in current non teaching status." but the lady was not to concerned about the situation, i fact she was like, "he just forgot" mmmm, ok what happens to us now

ssi said that he never renewed on Jan, 2003 so he has been in nonteaching status since then

He pays his insurance and gets reinstatement, he was obviously in teaching status when you got your ow card (He is the instructor on your ow card right?)

Yes, he is on the card. ps here is the number if someone is nice to check for me. ows??????

if the person submitting the authorization was not an instructor.

Whether this person is currently in teaching status is a different matter. While you certainly would be justified in bringing the matter to this person's attention, it is quite likely that they are already aware of it. Their current situation does not nullify your certifications. But I wouldn't take any further courses from an instructor who is not in a 'teaching status' :) .

You got your card in hand, thats all any one would ever care about. As for futur classes thats some thing I would stay away from if I knew there was a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom