Is ArmorAll okay to put on Jet Fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alternating, generous applications of salt water, then fresh water, then salt water, then fresh water etc. has preserved my jets in usable condition for many years.

Tobin

I prefer to go easy on the freshwater. I've found that hours in salt water, then just a few seconds in fresh water, works best for me.

And I prefer the salt water to be at least 80 degrees. :D

The chemicals in Armor All combined with the material in the fin, when coming in contact with salt water will cause a spontaneous fusion of the subatomic particles and cause nuclear reaction quite similar to the implosion of the bomb dropped on Hiroshima.

The chemicals in Armor All combined with the material in the fin, when coming in contact with salt water will cause a spontaneous fusion of the subatomic particles and cause nuclear reaction quite similar to the implosion of the bomb dropped on Hiroshima.

Oh no! That was a joke without a smiley following it!! How would we ever know that was a joke? Quick, get Bob and Tim, the joke police of the board! This is a serious emergency. (I will attach a smiley for those of you that need an emoticon to identify jokes) :joke::wink::D

Darling bride and I celabrated when the knee pads came off her Henderson Hyperstrech wetsuit after.....

:hmmm:

And so I am on topic, I say wear the worn fins as you would a badge of honor. I just got brand new Jets and can't wait to get them scuffed up.

Oh no! That was a joke without a smiley following it!! How would we ever know that was a joke? Quick, get Bob and Tim, the joke police of the board! This is a serious emergency. (I will attach a smiley for those of you that need an emoticon to identify jokes) :joke::wink::D

No joke Pollywog.

It happened to me again last week up near Blowing Rocks.

I'm surprised you didn't see the mushroom cloud from your Lanai.....:D

I have abused my jets for a little less than twenty years! (the worst kind of abuse by some who use them) sitting in the basement dry and dusty!

I just pulled them out to put spring straps on that I won at a free raffle!

I never would think to protect them as they are as good as the day I retired them!:wink:

See you topside! John

Back
Top Bottom