Is Cuba worth it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bahamas aren’t in the Caribbean. But many of its reefs are badly affected by SCTLD. To the best of my understanding, SCTLD has not yet been identified off the south side of Cuba. I do think that it can be a challenge to get squared away with the liveaboard operators operating in Cuban waters. However, the number of people diving there is tightly limited. By all accounts (including tursiops’s) it is a very special place for diving.

I have had a number of people on the Avalon Outdoor liveaboards over the past two years and have had nothing but raves about the diving, the liveaboards, and Cuba in general. No challenges in any manner. If you want to turn a great dive trip into a political statement, I guess you are free to do so. My divers have enjoyed the people and visiting Havana. There have been no issues with flights on JeBlue, American, or Southwest out of MIA or Ft Lauderdale or customs except don't try to bring back rum or cigars. I offer discounts on all my liveaboard trips including Cuba.

Yall can laugh and disagree all you want, lucky for you all, you live in a country that allows that instead of rounding you up and throwing you in a cell.

I would love to see where my family came from one day, but i'm honestly terrified to spend a single night in a cuban hotel.

1683639919791.png

Yall can laugh and disagree all you want, lucky for you all, you live in a country that allows that instead of rounding you up and throwing you in a cell.

I would love to see where my family came from one day, but i'm honestly terrified to spend a single night in a cuban hotel.

View attachment 782727
I understand the sentiment. I have two colleagues who left Cuba at an early age many decades ago after Castro who still have family there. They won’t go back for fear that they are on a special list. It’s a different matter for those with ties to the country.

View attachment 782727
Nobody said that Cuba is the freedom utopia, or that they come even near to most western countries when it comes to political freedom. It's just that your statement is objectively funny when the US is in the same hemisphere, and even funnier when it comes from a Texan.

Addressing your initial comments, provably the US has spent multiple times the Cuban GDP for state terrorism, and for arming rebels that often used the same weapons against their sponsor. So it seems pretty impossible for Cuba to be the largest sponsor of terrorism as long as they share the same hemisphere with the US.

Better to stop the off-topic here. I just wanted to address any lack of information you might had, crucial for understanding criticism from the others. There are other forums for people interested on learning the basics of international politics.

I've been three times to The Garden of The Queen, and every trip was wonderful. Living in Florida, it's an easy place t get to. Plans are to go again in October. We saw a lot of great looking corals and tons of sharks. The Agressor took great care of us and made the trip worthwile.

Just from watching the news it seem like Cuba is a much safer country than the US. Feels like there is a mass shooting in a mall or a school every other day these days.

The Bush W administration alone probably killed many more innocent people around the world that the cubans in the last 60 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom