Is Cuba worth it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope everyone breaking this law gets busted.
Damn, those salty tears. Extremely productive wishing legal problems to fellow divers that might travel in Cuba for other reasons, and might also dive.

Advocating on restricting the freedom of citizens on where they can travel, and supporting imprisonment or legal penalties for pursuing their individual freedom, especially coming from a Texan accusing Cuba of imprisoning people who pursue their individual rights, is peak perfection in my book.

Thank you for the nice laugh.

Damn, those salty tears. Extremely productive wishing legal problems to fellow divers that might travel in Cuba for other reasons, and might also dive.

Advocating on restricting the freedom of citizens on where they can travel, and supporting imprisonment or legal penalties for pursuing their individual freedom, especially coming from a Texan accusing Cuba of imprisoning people who pursue their individual rights, is peak perfection in my book.

Thank you for the nice laugh.

Would you go to Iran, North Korea or Afganistan to dive if it was a great place to dive?

I don't make the laws, I follow them. And I hope they are enforced.

Believe me, there are very few people on this forum that have a greater interest in visiting that island then me. Havana, Bayamo and Mariano are 3 places on my life's bucket list.

Would you go to Iran, North Korea or Afganistan to dive if it was a great place to dive?

Believe me, there are very few people on this forum that have a greater interest in visiting that island then me. Havana, Bayamo and Mariano are 3 places on my life's bucket list.

You’re being way too emotional, take a step back and relax….

Nope. Also I wouldn't go to Cuba. Not recreationally at least. Saying that, I know enough people that have been to Cuba very often and faced no issues.
Would that apply to you? Maybe not.

I am happy that I escaped from the US anyway. :)

P/S: I would go to North Korea, Afganistan, Iran (which is safer than the US I think), or anywhere else for research though.
This defence didn't work well for most back in the day in Nuremberg. I digress.
I think it's a bit obvious to most that you rationalize some strong feelings, which is why other recommend you to just chill a bit.
Great. And you hope that other people are arrested for some reason because you cannot go yourself?

I stop here. Time might help.

Nope. Also I wouldn't go to Cuba. Not recreationally at least. Saying that, I know enough people that have been to Cuba very often and faced no issues.
Would that apply to you? Maybe not.

I am happy that I escaped from the US anyway. :)

P/S: I would go to North Korea, Afganistan, Iran (which is safer than the US I think), or anywhere else for research though.

This defence didn't work well for most back in the day in Nuremberg. I digress.
I think it's a bit obvious to most that you rationalize some strong feelings, which is why other recommend you to just chill a bit.

Great. And you hope that other people are arrested for some reason because you cannot go yourself?

I stop here. Time might help.

Are you saying you think North Korean, Afghanistan, and Iran are safer than the U.S.?

Would you go to Iran .... to dive if it was a great place to dive?
Absolutely! Not just for the diving, but the history, the culture, the people. I have A LOT of Persian friends and I know I'd have an amazing experience if I went. I have friends going back and forth between the US and Iran. Just follow the laws and there isn't an issue.

And I've been told about a few great places to dive there. There is no travel ban to Iran BTW.

Though I'd use my EU passport for less drama at customs. I did attend a talk by Rick Steves when he went to Iran. I'll never forget the taxi driver story: "Death to traffic!" LOL

History, culture, self education verses what you hear - I'd dive anywhere that I could get something close to a cheeseburger or pizza - oh, coca cola or similar too....

Used to be years ago we or I heard all these horrible things about Egypt but wow on the photos I see from friends that have done live aboards over there - the pics from land excursions!!! If I had millions, i'd tour the world.

We are looking at a Cuban few week getaway and am curious about diving from the mainland.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom