Just for fun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebrand:
(BTW, they didn't have BC's in "The Deep" either!)

It woulda' wrecked everything.

Here's a snapshot memory of SCUBA history from "The Deep" that launched a lot of dive careers...

This was fun.

You ready for the full pic and info or should we let it go for a while? Some of you are/were close and some way out there.

Gary D.

Gary D.:
This was fun.

You ready for the full pic and info or should we let it go for a while? Some of you are/were close and some way out there.

Gary D.

Let's have it!
If it's not the shoulder strap then it is the waist strap.

One other thing... it looks like he has a second belt which the knife (or is that a two-handed broadsword....) is attached to but I don't see any weights on it, so he may not be wearing a weight belt.

And he is probably a Navy guy, those fins he is wearing are the old navy UDT fins.

A little teaser first.

Single aluminum 90 on a hard back pack (this one is metal) (Not Healthways but most likely USD) with a “J” valve and NO ROD

DA, Royal or Golden Aqua-master reg. with nothing else attached.

¼” Farmer John custom fit wet suit with hood and booties purchased from an LDS

Very short horse collar manual inflate vest (Those are the gray straps your seeing)

No weight belt

K-bar with a Smoke/Flare canister secured to it

Duck Feet

Plain “Dixie Cup” mask

The yellow strap you see flopping is not part of his gear but a needed piece of equipment.

Gary D.

I don't suppose there is a space capsule bobbing in the water under him?

RoatanMan:
It woulda' wrecked everything.

Here's a snapshot memory of SCUBA history from "The Deep" that launched a lot of dive careers...
I almost forgot how nice that BC was. Wife won't let me have one. :D

Gary D.

RIOceanographer:
I don't suppose there is a space capsule bobbing in the water under him?

Ok for all us young guns or clueless out here. Just what did Gary say that gave him away?

Back
Top Bottom