LDS sales habits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No doubt we enjoy the company of our customers but let's face it there aint but one reason we unlock the flipping door in the morning.

Though it should be polite and not to pushy, if you don't make an attempt to sell to the folks that walk in you will be hard pressed to find someone else to sell too.

Grocery stores sell to strangers that walk in. A dive shop is different. 90% of our sales are to the regulars, the folks who stop in to bs about diving or to kill a long lunch. That's why dive shops sponsor trips, clubs, have new diver parties and whatever else they can do to generate traffic. I'm sorry, even though we enjoy it the main motivation is the sales not the company.

My LDS doesn't try to sell me anything but then they know I shop online and will only buy from them if I can get a good deal.Kinda nice to be known as a pickie pain in *** when if comes to my gear.Matter of fact.I heard my instuctor say."Well you can go the way Jen went and get your stuff online but she has to send her stuff in to be fixed if anything goes wrong."I just started laughing and told them how much I saved but gave them a plug too.Cause they would cut some of their prices for me.Never hurts to ask works both ways.Hum come to think of it most the shops I pop into don't try to push stuff on me.May be luck.*shrug*

Jen who is bored at home.

jepuskar once bubbled...
Not all of us have deep pockets.

What does wearing pants with cargo pockets have to do with anything :confused:

you need to work on your attention span there bud.

Do you go to a doctors office and say " no thanks, I am just hanging out and will pick your brain a little."
Do you go to a whore house and say" No thanks, I am just looking"

Imagine you going to the store and have the person responsible for making sales ACTUALLY try to sell you something.

What is this world coming to? Will this harassment ever end?

Can I ask Why a visit to the Dive shop is in order if not buying something? {repair service and air are included as "buying"}

Dectek once bubbled...
Do you go to a doctors office and say " no thanks, I am just hanging out and will pick your brain a little."
Do you go to a whore house and say" No thanks, I am just looking"

Imagine you going to the store and have the person responsible for making sales ACTUALLY try to sell you something.

What is this world coming to? Will this harassment ever end?

Can I ask Why a visit to the Dive shop is in order if not buying something? {repair service and air are included as "buying"}

As a Dive Shop employee I don't mind the guys who hang-out. Gives me something to do in the slow season instead of rearranging displays or cleaning. Most of the people who come in to our shop I genuinely like and get along with so it's like seeing a friend most of the time.

I DO have a problem using our knowledge and our stock in order to preview a purchase they are going to make off internet or mail order. If you're going to go internet or mail-order I really don't blame you but please don't waste my time by pretending you are going to buy from me when you know (and I know) all along that you aren't.

jepuskar once bubbled...
I dont mean to offend any blind people who may be reading this.

My God, how did Jep transformed into such a politically correct poster ? :rolleyes:

Amanda once bubbled...

My God, how did Jep transformed into such a politically correct poster ? :rolleyes:

He's not a poster he's a real live person.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

He's not a poster he's a real live person.

Har dee har harr! :rolleyes:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom