LDS vs. INTERNET

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cerich:
I agree. That being said the more you do shop at the LDS the more they will have to offer. It's the old catch 22...

and to add to your catch-22, the more you go there, the more they seem to expect of you. i definitely feel pressured; whereas i doubt that any joe that walked in off of the street would ... :shakehead (the sad thing is i really do want to support them because i believe in their diving safely philosophy and they have excellent instructors.)

I agree that one should support the LDS as long as they are competative on their pricing. One local Dive shop in my area seems to be in the habit of charging up to 20% over the mfg's suggested retail price on regulators and tanks. In fact they would rather I travel up to Austin to get the very same regulator for the mfg's suggested retail price rather than match that price or discount it to keep me as a customer. Thus I choose to go elsewhere. I'm all for supporting the LDS as long as it isn't gouging its customers. Its one reason why internet sales are growing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom