LeisurePro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard Scuba Toys gives you a discount if you are a Scuba Board Member, is it true and what is needed to get a discount at Scuba Toys, do you have to friend them on Scuba Board?

Thanks,
Mike

Give them a call - they have offered better prices over the phone on occasion, not always, but on occasion.

I buy a lot from LP and I found out last year that if I call in the order I get a discount vice internet orders. Proof is Today I ordered a set of Hollis F1's and got them for $99 instead of $139.99. With UPS shipping they were still less than the regular price.

I always look at the web site and make the call. Sorry to say no SB discount. I asked them today just in case.

I buy a lot from LP and I found out last year that if I call in the order I get a discount vice internet orders. Proof is Today I ordered a set of Hollis F1's and got them for $99 instead of $139.99. With UPS shipping they were still less than the regular price.

I always look at the web site and make the call. Sorry to say no SB discount. I asked them today just in case.

Wait seriously? 99$? Did you ask for a discount or did they just give it to you? I've been looking at hollis F1's for a while and that would be an awesome deal. Does it matter who you talk to or do they all give that great of a discount?

Discount code for LP? The camera shops in NY (whom also runs LP) were notorious for discount the price up once you call them up on the advertised price of their products. Many still are, with their new batch of tricks like overpriced accessories where if you don't buy it, your camera never ships, etc.

I was a customer of Adorama Camera before I took up scuba. I've never had them or B&H Photo of New York ever play any of the batch of tricks you mention. I am aware or other NY discount camera retailers that play these games but not these guys.

Adorama Camera and LesuirePro are the same people I also believe Sunny Sports is another venture of theirs. I've spent a great deal between the 3 and always had the best of experiences. Both Adorama and LesuirePro do have some grey market goods but they back the products they sell with their own warranty on any of those items. They are ligit and Authorized dealers for the majority of what they sell.

When Leisurepro became authorized dealers with such companies as Oceanic, Sherwood, etc. they were constrained by a minimum advertised price (MAP) clause in their agreement. So, if you call, they will give you what is their normal selling price for items by manufacturers who control advertised prices.

I was a customer of Adorama Camera before I took up scuba. I've never had them or B&H Photo of New York ever play any of the batch of tricks you mention. I am aware or other NY discount camera retailers that play these games but not these guys.

Adorama Camera and LesuirePro are the same people I also believe Sunny Sports is another venture of theirs. I've spent a great deal between the 3 and always had the best of experiences. Both Adorama and LesuirePro do have some grey market goods but they back the products they sell with their own warranty on any of those items. They are ligit and Authorized dealers for the majority of what they sell.

Back then, everybody pulled the trick. I use to have in hand a copy of a photography magazine which has prices from every store advertised and walk store to store in NYC from lowest price first (if I call, they would more or less say that is the price and it is available). In almost all cases, there would be some reason that I can't get it at that price. I stop at the point of where the their advertised price is above what I am willing to pay for. Maybe I will pop into one or two tourist trap stores in time square who frequently has uber low price. But they always try to pull after the sale trick like 'it doesn't come with the lens' or they try to sell u a teleconverter from camera mfg brand but they bring out a no name 2 element junk.

When Leisurepro became authorized dealers with such companies as Oceanic, Sherwood, etc. they were constrained by a minimum advertised price (MAP) clause in their agreement. So, if you call, they will give you what is their normal selling price for items by manufacturers who control advertised prices.
Yeah, gone are the uber cheap prices from them.

Just to clarify for future reference, MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) doesn't always equal MSP (Minimum Selling Price) which is why pricing may be different on some items over the phone/via email as opposed to directly on the site. We don't offer a discount code because they're too easy to be abused online. However, we do have a price match guarantee, so if you find something elsewhere that beats our price, we'll take care of that issue too.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions.

A little off topic here, but I had a slight glitch with my last order. Angela C. has been working with me on this and I've been completely happy with how it's been resolved.

This is just a little "public" thanks for the awesome customer service.

:D

I heard Scuba Toys gives you a discount if you are a Scuba Board Member, is it true and what is needed to get a discount at Scuba Toys, do you have to friend them on Scuba Board?

Thanks,
Mike
You need to call them to place the order & tell them you are a SB member (not place an internet order). They are very nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom