LeisurePro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAP = Minimum ADVERTISED Price, which is not minimum selling price. That's why there are countless stories from other Scuba Board members who have called in about an item and been offered a less expensive price than what is seen online. It sounds like you have a great LDS and personally knowing they're few and far between, I wish you and them well!

Thank you for clarifying MAP.

From the horror stories I read about I realize my experience is not as common as it should be. We've actually become quite friendly with the owner of the LDS, he's a good guy. He bought a dive shop out of a love of diving not an ambition to get rich.

Go to a local dive shop with the list of what you want along with the prices you got from LP. Maybe they can come close to what you will spend online. The benefit to the local dive shop (besides helping to keep them in business) is they will be able to service the gear they sell, some manufacturers void the warranty if purchased online, and you can meet some new dive buddies.

On a side note, see what happens when you bring in a broken regulator to a dive shop and say, "My regulator that I bought on Leisure Pro isn't working, can you fix it?"
I will repair it if it is a reg that we are a dealer for, but I won't be likely to do a quick fix and charge a smile. That leaking HP spool will cost you the service, bought here within last couple years and a regular customer you get the orings and owe me a cup of coffee.

Thank you for clarifying MAP.

From the horror stories I read about I realize my experience is not as common as it should be. We've actually become quite friendly with the owner of the LDS, he's a good guy. He bought a dive shop out of a love of diving not an ambition to get rich.
LOL, No one starts a dive shop to get rich! A buddy says" The best way to make a million in diving is to start with 2 million" Glad you have a good relationship with your LDS!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom