Liquivision X1 review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

will it display average depth during the dive and update the display in real time?

I just checked the V-Planner Live documentation and it will if it's running in gauge mode. You can also reset the average depth on the fly.

I just checked the V-Planner Live documentation and it will if it's running in gauge mode. You can also reset the average depth on the fly.

This turns out not to be the case. In dive mode, just below the dive time in the bottom right corner, the average depth, ppO2, water temp & CNS are displayed consecutively or individually, (your choice), in real time during the dive. I make use of these functions on every NDL or deco dive I do.

Last edited:
Geat info. My next dive is a Polar one. How does it do in perform in polar environments?

Well, Henry Kaiser used 1 on the US Antarctica Project. His comments - "The only way that I can see my depth and time is with the bright and friendly glow of my X1. From now on, I would not go diving here without it."

Of course, if you weren't so lazy you could find all this on the Liquivision home page. :mooner:

Of course, if you weren't so lazy you could find all this on the Liquivision home page. :mooner:[/quote]

Hey, I resemble that remark! :rofl3:
Thanks
Bat

......, what justifies the price? .....

Lack of volumes?

I still remember when we were selling V22 modems for $2,000 or GPS Engines (just the board that processes the signal) for $1,000

Today a GPS chipset - actually single chip - goes for few bucks in volumes and the V.22 modem .... who cares anymore.

In my opinion today there is a BIG difference between the BOM (Bill of Material) and the actual sales price of a dive computer. One reason is the need of having to spread the software development cost across a limited user's base.

Maybe one day a couple of common hardware platform will emerge (they are made in Taiwan or China anyway), users will find code updates directly on the web and vendors will differentiate themselves on the additional services they provide to their customers....

Too far fetched?

Regards,

AM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom