Liquivision Xen - really nice, but .....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also have tried out the new "Large" display option, and I can tell you, it's going to get the Xen banned from tech classes - you can easily read the numbers when maskless.

:D I'm proud to admit I'm the person who badgered LiquiVision to add the "Large" display. I had trouble reading seconds, even with gauge readers, but now just a quick glance is enough.

I've been nothing but thrilled with the Xen. The battery compartment of my first Xen got a hairline crack, but LiquiVision really stepped up and helped me out quickly and efficiently. With the new battery compartment and 3 battery options I think most of the original concerns are gone. And I get *lots* of dive time on the new White non-rechargable batteries. About 45 hours on the last one IIRC.

I really like how responsive LiquiVision has been and still is to customer concerns and requests. They have continued to develop and refine the product, and now with the "Large" display (they really were being very patient with me :wink:), I can't think of anything else I'd want in the gauge.

It would be great if they at some point would work with some of the dive logger software developers to allow direct downloads of dives to other dive logging software. The divelog included is kinda rudimentary, and exporting/importing dives is more time that I really want to spend. But that's just gravy.

I'm with you about the logging, although I have to confess I haven't tried logging with the Xen. But it's really the only part of the X1 with which I am not terribly happy. You can transfer the dives to Divinglog.de but it's a very cumbersome process.

You can transfer the dives to Divinglog.de but it's a very cumbersome process.

A friend recommended Divinglog.de, and I gave it a spin. Not terribly complicated:

1) import dives from Xen via the LiquiVision dive log software -which btw. works lightyears better than the POS Suunto connection.
2) Export dives from LiquiVision software.
3) Import the resulting file into Divinglog.de.

But that *is* cumbersome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom