List of essential gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mmmmmm.....That reminds me to pick up a knife. I'm a firm believer in the shears. They're great and they're cheap too. Always good to have a second cutting device.

Walter once bubbled...
Buddy line.

Or better yet, one of those retractable dog leashes. :D

Glock 23 with my scuba mags (filled with FMJ as opposed to my dry mags which are filled with JHP)...you never know when you'll encounter one of those fresh water sharks here in the Great Lakes.

Humor aside, I always carry my signal mirror with me. Kind of a carry over from my hiking days, but it is still a tried and true signaling device.

GlockDiver once bubbled...
Glock 23 with my scuba mags (filled with FMJ as opposed to my dry mags which are filled with JHP)...you never know when you'll encounter one of those fresh water sharks here in the Great Lakes.

Humor aside, I always carry my signal mirror with me. Kind of a carry over from my hiking days, but it is still a tried and true signaling device.

Fresh water sharks? I find that the "Gilboa Trout" are more vicious than any shark that I have ever heard of! :D

Seriously the signal mirror, shears, and compass are grand ideas. I have two of those three. I have never thought of trying carrying a signal mirror. I learn more every day.

diverbrian once bubbled...
I have never thought of trying carrying a signal mirror. I learn more every day.

The only instance I can see a mirror being worthwhile is when you don't have a light and are stranded out away from the boat.

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

The only instance I can see a mirror being worthwhile is when you don't have a light and are stranded out away from the boat.

If you want to check to see if your mask is full of snot before you get back on the boat :D

sapphire

I always assume it is which is one reason I frequently have a different exit method from most. Underwater, I stiff arm the bottom rung of the ladder. With my other hand I remove one fin and slip the strap over my wrist. I then repeat the process with the other fin. Then I remove my mask and stuff it in the foot pocket of one fin (doesn't matter which). I always come up with a clean face when I employ this method.

Big-T: I thought of another way I have used my mirror -- to draw small territorial fish out of their holes so I can take their picture!!

I always assume it is which is one reason I frequently have a different exit method from most. Underwater, I stiff arm the bottom rung of the ladder. With my other hand I remove one fin and slip the strap over my wrist. I then repeat the process with the other fin. Then I remove my mask and stuff it in the foot pocket of one fin (doesn't matter which). I always come up with a clean face when I employ this method.

Walter, you are just to neat and tidy for the rest of us snotty slobs!! :D

sapphire

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom