List of essential gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Cornfed. Just goes to show that there are lots of good ways to accomplish the same thing :D What's more important is that said buddy pair is both on the same page with regards to handling OOA situations. The fact that you go to the trouble to practice in a quarry says good things for your skills. My buddy and I always devote the first two dives of the season to safety. Dive one is for equipment. We test everything and practice yanking off the weights and such. Dive two is skills. We do scenarios and critique ourselves over dinner that night (my buddy is also my Fiance'). We don't have easy access to a quarry, but there is a shallow, sheltered cove near us that works just as well.

ScottyK once bubbled...
We don't have easy access to a quarry, but there is a shallow, sheltered cove near us that works just as well.

I'm the exact opposite. I have easy access to a couple of quarries. We go there and fart around, practice skills and work gear issues. That way everything is squared away when we get to go offshore and we can enjoy those dives.

Like you said, there is more then one way to skin a cat. The only problem is sometime people cut themselves looking for a new way. You don't seem to be having this problem -- especially since your buddy is your fiancee. But then again... the honeymoon isn't over yet!

Cornfed

We've been dating for 12 years and diving together for seven. If she wanted to slit one of my air hoses, I hope she would have done it by now :D

ScottyK once bubbled...
We've been dating for 12 years and diving together for seven. If she wanted to slit one of my air hoses, I hope she would have done it by now :D

HOLY SH*T!!

I just got married at the end of April. We'd been dating for about 6 years by then and got quite a few "it's about time" responses from people. But you guys... wow, I'm impressed. I can't wait to tell my wife she's lucky to be married, had heard this story 6 months ago I would have had inpiration to hold out longer! LOL.

Congratuations and good luck.

Cornfed

It's her fault so she can't gripe about it. She's going for a doctorate (veternarian) and we can't pay for school and a wedding at the same time. The date is finally set for January 2005. We're doing it in the Bahamas so we can tag nine days of diving onto the ceremony!

congrats man....I ju7st took the plunge myself a few weeks ago...

We coudln't afford a wedding with buying a new house and car, so we went to the courthouse, and we are having a reception sometime in Sept at the new house.

Thanks- I hear you! You have to choose between a house and a nice honeymoon or spending 20 grand to basically take 100 people out to dinner :rolleyes: You made the right choice!

Back
Top Bottom