Little River Springs now charging for entry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds reasonable.

I don't have a problem with them charging as it might limit the number of people in the park and might result in them actually caring about crime and trash. I just wish the annual pass was more reasonable. You have to go every other week to get your money's worth, which isn't always possible due to flooding.

I think $60 would be an easier sale, even at that price I may not visit enough to break even but I would be willing to forgo that in exchange for the convenience sort of like what I do with the Florida State Parks which also charges $60 for an annual pass.

Assuming this is a city/county run park and the Florida state park pass wouldn't work here?

Assuming this is a city/county run park and the Florida state park pass wouldn't work here?
its a Suwannee County park, not run by the State

I don't have a problem with them charging as it might limit the number of people in the park and might result in them actually caring about crime and trash. I just wish the annual pass was more reasonable. You have to go every other week to get your money's worth, which isn't always possible due to flooding.

I think $60 would be an easier sale, even at that price I may not visit enough to break even but I would be willing to forgo that in exchange for the convenience sort of like what I do with the Florida State Parks which also charges $60 for an annual pass.

If you aren't happy with it, don't buy one. Problem solved.

Personally, I'm glad they have hired a park attendant for the weekends and I'm happy to pay the user fee associated with it to help off-set the costs.

For the locals that swim there this is a big deal.
I call bs on 'it's to help you' reasoning of the county. Ginnie is safe place, right? Yes I know the latter is privately owned.
Royal will be next...
End rant/

Apparently, veterans can get a free pass.

If you aren't happy with it, don't buy one. Problem solved.

Personally, I'm glad they have hired a park attendant for the weekends and I'm happy to pay the user fee associated with it to help off-set the costs.
Wow. Me too. I didn't realize that they'd done that but I like it. I avoid LR because we're mostly diving weekends and the crowds suck. Having a little crowd control is nice. Plus some of the sunbathers will choose to go elsewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom