LK's PATTAYA BASH THREAD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bowmouth thanks for starting this but when will out guest of honor appear? Pattaya diving is great to find free gear. People are always losing things in these waters. Besides the beer bottles H90 mentioned I found a really good reel (60m) in very good shape not to mention various weight pockets and weights. A buddy of mine found a computer as well that is working. Perhaps the crap vis has something to do with it :)

When I was in Thailand I was told that Pattaya was mainly a center for all things lascivious and libidinous, so I steered clear since I was interested in diving. Sounds like those who advised me may have been correct?

Bowmouth thanks for starting this but when will out guest of honor appear? Pattaya diving is great to find free gear. People are always losing things in these waters.

Nice new Avatar Arizona!
:cool3:

Did you see the manta rays at Koh Bon as well?

Phuket's "King Cruiser" wreck is also a good place to look for lost gear. Not too many divers go down to the bottom next to the wreck and there are always bits and pieces of gear to be found.

Don't know about LK. Maybe he's on a dive-trip in Pattaya?

Bowmouth,

Thanks for noticing :) He could be blowing off some steam on land as well. It always people that bad mouth it the most that seem to find a liking to the darker side IMO. Yes, two Manta on Tachia Pinnacle. One was about 4m across.

But getting back to the real issue, I would still rather see divers with more Pattaya like experience before they get to the Similans. As you know it tends to be deep diving and buoyancy is of critical importance not to mention the ability to handle some current. For training Pattaya still gets the nod. Everything is relative. We get spoiled in this part of the world. I am sure many quarry divers would kill for a weekend of diving in 28-29 tropical water. I do wish I could afford and get the time to dive the Similans more often though.

Ran into a few of your mates at Phuket Scuba. Really good people. They made me feel quite welcomed. As a visiting instructor that is a nice things to see. I did a house reef dive off of Karon Beach. Not the Similans, but still good diving for training. I met a sensible Swede who wanted to do a few easy dives before heading to the Similans. With over a year off he made the right move IMO.

Will do the King Cruiser next time I am on that side of the pond.

Last edited:
When I was in Thailand I was told that Pattaya was mainly a center for all things lascivious and libidinous, so I steered clear since I was interested in diving. Sounds like those who advised me may have been correct?

There is some decent diving in Pattaya, and, rumours to the contrary, the "lascivious and libidinous" is NOT compulsory.

It is there, in the same way as Bourbon street is in New Orleans (for example), but last I checked at neither place was it compulsory to make an ass of yourself.

Josh,

Well put! We also agree on the Hardeep. I did get knots on the IDC by the way. Not sure if your the Josh I am thinking of so ignore the knot comment if your not.

AZ

Josh,

Well put! We also agree on the Hardeep. I did get knots on the IDC by the way. Not sure if your the Josh I am thinking of so ignore the knot comment if your not.

AZ

yeah, I am that josh, and you must have done OK on the knots! Congrats!

It was a lot of fun last July. When are you coming out with the "regular" Samesean crew again? PM, would like to get caught up some time.

I do wish I could afford and get the time to dive the Similans more often though.

You could move :eek:uttahere and come and live here in Phuket.

I'm confident you could teach diving here as much as you like to and have a good chance on diving the Similans several trips a year as either DM or with student divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom