Looking for a dive buddy in Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Backtanner once bubbled...
I'm curious about South Pacific Dive School. Does he do any of the actual diving or instruction or does he pawn it off to B+B? My wife and I booked an outing with him in Dec and we never saw him. It was like using one of the activity desks where you have to do a timeshare presentation only no desk or presentation if that makes sense.
It might be worth your while to see much it is from B+B and just cut out the middle man.

The best way to resolve a question is to go directly to the source.

At South Pacific Dive School there are actually 3 Padi Instructors who conduct classes. Bill now only teaches Naui, SDI, or Technical diving himself but they can still offer PADI because there are PADI instructors who work for him. If you book a class then they teach it themselves. I assume that you actually just booked a boat trip in which they just pass the information\booking along to the dive charter. Normally a commission is paid to activity agents etc for bringing the business but South Pacific dive School doesn't even take that so you gain the savings. As regards to prices, the normal price directly is $99...........SPDS charge $89 which is the price minus commission for your savings.

Molelisa once bubbled...
In planning for my trip in two weeks, I was about to schedule with South Pacific Dive School. Before I committed, I did a search on the outfit to get background info (reputation, etc.) and this is what I found:

William Digbey, the owner, has not been a PADI member since January, 2003, and is not allowed to certify divers, though they still advertise for it on their website.

You can find the official information at:

www.padi.com/english/common/courses/qm/report.asp

and

www.hawaii.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=52000239

Good luck and see ya in Maui!

At South Pacific Dive School there are actually 3 Padi Instructors who conduct classes.
Bill now only teaches Naui, SDI, or Technical diving himself and when he has time, however, they still advertise PADI because there are PADI instructors who work for him and he has gone from sole proprietor to a corporation.
He also actually left Padi Feb 27th 03 not Jan 03

Just returned from 15 glorious days (my husband was ready to come home after 7). My son and I were certified and did a bunch of shore and boat dives. We did Ulua (where we were cert.), Makena, Wailea and Molokini. Can't wait for next summer! B&B was fantastic. I can't recommend them enough (but then again I have no previous experience with which to compare)!

I can't even imagine waiting until next summer to dive again, which was the plan. We live in Vegas, and am looking for Lake Mead and So. Calif dive locations.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and advice.

Li

Isn't B&B great? We really love those people. I'm glad you had a great time. Next time leave hubby home and stay twice as long :)

I'll be in Maui July 13th -29th. Part of that time time my brother will be there...but for other times...I'd love to find another dive buddy. I am AOW and will be taking the Rescue Diver course with South Pacific Dive School the first few days I am there. I am a very competent 53 y/o female...gender of dive buddy is irrelevant as long as you are a competent diver and have a sense of humour. Let me know if you might be around during that time frame

Greetings Lynn, I will be in Maui with a non-diving friend at the same time and am also looking for a buddy, especially for shore diving. I am AOW, nitrox certified, taking a rescue diver course and am a 57 y/o female accustomed to the rigors of cold new england water. Please pm your telephone number if you want to meet in maui.
Deborah

I would also like to open this up to other dive buddies so, if interested, please pm me.

Witek, don't get offended if she doesn't answer- note the year in the original post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom