Looking for dive buddy North of Toronto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vam

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I did my OW in Mexico, which was beautiful, but it didn't leave me with local classmates to dive with. I've been diving with a group from Adventure Sports in Newmarket which dives in Shanty Bay on Lake Simcoe on Wednesday nights. Usually the turn out has been great, and I've managed to find a buddy. Last week only two other divers came out, and they had planned a deeper dive than my OW allows. Oh well - AOW next summer.

In the meantime, I'm just looking to do simple dives to gain experience. The time and location of the Wednesday night dives at Shanty Bay work well for me, but I'm keen to explore other locations too. I'd love to know in advance that I have a buddy arranged so that I don't waste the long drive and lugging of gear. I hope to find someone of similar experience and mindset.

Other divers at Shanty Bay have said that they dive well into October or even November, and I hope to extend my diving season as long as possible too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom