Male VS. Female

Are you Male or Female?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The answer will depend of where you do the poll

Lately in OW classes there might be a slight majority of female divers

On a typical dive boat here in So Calif. My estimte si 30% female divers

On a typical beach dive here there might be 20 to 25% female divers.

On resort dives and other warm water dive sitres I think the ratio
much higher for female divers.

My guess is that almost half the certified divers might be women but men
do about 70% of all dives. This is purly from observations in So Calif.

Thanks for your input, it means a lot. Just a little misunderstanding I would like to clear up. "I've been often amazed at the people who put up polls and clearly think they're meaningful." Haha....who said anything about meaningful? When I posted... I stated clearly that it was more out of curiosty than anything.

Someone told me before I signed up for scubaboard....watch what you post....actually dont...because no matter what you say....theres going to be that someone that totally turns everything around and ruins it.....I guess she was right. :wink: Go diving, it seems like your dive fix is well past due.

Damselfish:
that would be me - yeah duh, but you were the one saying you were doing this to get "better information"... some people do amaze you, I've been often amazed at the people who put up polls and clearly think they're meaningful. You've just presented the results of a pointless poll as fact - "looks like the average is right, about 80 - 20 %"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom