Maui Dive Shop.... a joke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is B&B really an 8am opening? I would have thought they were earlier, since their boat leaves so early...

If you need a tank after 7am but before 8, Maui Dreams is a good place, too... :)

As for fills -- 2800 is a short fill if it's in the shop at that temperature. Get it wet (cooling off in the water) and you're going to be down a little lower yet. However, I would have just gone to get my reg set to verify tank pressure after two tanks read low -- it could be that the same activity salesperson had dropped the pressure gauge and it was not reading correctly anymore. :)

And Tim: unfortunately, Dan is going / has gone back to Social Work and isn't at the MDS shop anymore... he is a good guy though, with tonnes of experience -- he was owner/manager of the Catalina Scuba Luv store for a while, I think.

KrisB:
Is B&B really an 8am opening? I would have thought they were earlier, since their boat leaves so early....

Yes, B&B really does open at 8 AM to 6 PM daily.

fweber:
What I am confused about it your implication that the fill rate is going to effect carbon dioxide levels in your gas? Ahhhhhhh,????

Just my .02,

if they jack it in a minute it will create unwanted carbon dioxide.

sloyota:
Do these forums have spell check? AH! There is the spell check...the little ABC with the checkmark!

Any fill above what the tank is rated for = BIG FINE per CYLINDER. Like GRANDS each.

probably fines for filling my own tank at a LDS also hu? i usually do my own fills to 4000 at my LDS, if we do it on the nitrox whip we put it at 4200. :)

sloyota:
Do these forums have spell check? AH! There is the spell check...the little ABC with the checkmark!

Any fill above what the tank is rated for = BIG FINE per CYLINDER. Like GRANDS each.

...? Yeah all those cave divers in Florida bring an extra thousand dollars to pay for their fills....erm I mean fines. :) Speaking of which, Jimbo you owe me 1200 bucks you overfilled your tanks the other night in my garage.

miesemer:
Please provide more info on how this happens.

well your an instructor... so i must be wrong.

I just base this off of what my buddy at my LDS told me, thats why they dont just crank the valves open when they fill, because something with the heat generation creates more carbon dioxide than usual.

am i wrong? hey i fully admit im not an expert on scuba but this is just what i was told. so let me know im curious as to if my buddy is full of it or not.

If no carbon dioxide is created in any case, why not just let the flood gates open and do faster fills?

KrisB:
And Tim: unfortunately, Dan is going / has gone back to Social Work and isn't at the MDS shop anymore... he is a good guy though, with tonnes of experience -- he was owner/manager of the Catalina Scuba Luv store for a while, I think.

hmm - maybe that's why I have not heard back from them on if my warrantied Jetfins have come back from Scubapro - time to give them a call again I guess :wink:

thx for the info Kris

FoSheZZie23:
well your an instructor... so i must be wrong.

I just base this off of what my buddy at my LDS told me, thats why they dont just crank the valves open when they fill, because something with the heat generation creates more carbon dioxide than usual.

am i wrong? hey i fully admit im not an expert on scuba but this is just what i was told. so let me know im curious as to if my buddy is full of it or not.

If no carbon dioxide is created in any case, why not just let the flood gates open and do faster fills?

I'm going to guess... just a guess... that they don't crank the valves open because, when air is going through such a small hole, such as with a tank valve, when the air gets to moving quickly, it can cause moisture... And, as we all know, moisture is a no no for tanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom