Memo Mouse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cofford

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently picked up a Uwatec Aladin Pro Nitrox computer that I changed the battery on (yes, this is the one where Uwatec tells you that you ABSOLUTELY CAN'T CHANGE THE BATTERY). Unfortunately, it now reads in meters, and requires a MemoMouse PC interface to change to feet. Does anyone have a MemoMouse that I could borrow/rent/purchase? I'd be happy to install a new battery in exchange for use of the Memomouse if someone else has one of these ancient computers.

Thanks,
Casey

Since you were able to change the battery, this might be easy for you:
Aladin-Interface

You need to build version 2 to change mt/ft.

I doubt that he is really interested in building the interface anymore since the original post is from December '08 but if anyone is interested in building the interfaces they are extremely easy to make. I have made several of the version 1 interfaces (I have a Monitor 2+ computer so making the version 2 wasn't really worth it to me) actually when you read the parts list on Mathias website, I am the one that sent the part numbers and prices to him (about 10 years ago), but having said that, I don't actually know anything about the electronics so I couldn't really answer any questions, I am just a good shopper! :)
I use the downloader to down load the dives to both the PC and I also have a couple of the old Palm pilots that I download to as well. It came in handy when a buddy got bent during a dive and I was able to bring in a hard copy printout of the dive to the chamber. While that may not seem very impressive these days, back then I think it was one of the first dive profiles they had seen and I don't think they even realized you could do that! It was also interesting to me since when I went in as the buddy (my friend was already in the chamber) their attitude was like "You SAY you did a nice mellow easy dive, but what did you REALLY do?" and once I pulled out the graph of our dive their attitude changed completely and were a whole lot friendlier!

I have got to start paying more attention to the OP post dates...lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom