Miflex HP recall??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not specifically ask him that. But he did inform me that the braided hoses Edge/HOG sells are not affected by this. I know full well about manufacturers and use of OEM's for similar products. I address it in my book to an extent. The Edge hoses are not miflex. And knowing Chris if there was an issue he'd be on it and taking care of it as he did with the springs on the BC dump valves that a few mfg's had to replace.

Thanks Jim for clarifying. You never know in this industry (unless you ask on ScubaBoard :wink: ). Any issues with the Edgeflex? I am in need of a new HP and was looking at the Edgeflex.

To be honest I have had none. Nor has there been any reports of the HP hoses failing. Been using the six inchers on four stage regs for a year now and just went to a 24 on a new pool reg that I'm setting up. I will say that I prefer to use the 1.5 or 2 inch gauges on them. A 2.5 just looks too big on the thin hose. Thankfully I don't need the bigger gauges yet. My bifocal mask is still doing its job. I was admittedly leery of them at first. But not now. They have proven themselves to me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the information. I have a 48 inch Miflex and called the dive shop that sold it to me. They said that they were just about to call me. They will send it in and have it replaced for no fee.

Nice. I have two 6" HP hoses. My shop down here ordered them for me when I asked for new 6" hoses. I wanted rubber. I stuck with these limp hoses for to long and just today ordered new hoses from DGE to replace these. I really thought I liked Miflex at first, but I am not even liking the LP hoses in longer (5' and 7') lengths. I am replacing them all now. I wonder what they will replace them with?

good for Canada! Nothing on CSPC here in the USA. Thats troubling.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom