Mistake thread......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys make me feel less dumb. :thumb: Thanks!

Went in the water, grabed the line, worked my way up to the mooring line, down the mooring line - wondering why I still felt so buoyant, thining I'll find the air pocket on the wreck. Got to 100 ft down on the wreck, starting looking for air pocket, then - started wondering where my weight belt was? :silly:

This lady's style is so well know here, I'm never surprised when she tells the best ones...

catherine96821:
climbed on the wrong boat
Did that in dark once - wondered who all the strangers were?
left my bcd cap at my pool and dove a week in palau before I noticed my bc did not hold air (a while ago, okay?)
OMG! :11:
forgot my bs bottoms and so just put my wetsuit on in the head but forgot when I got on the boat and pulled it off
:medal: No one can beat that...!

The last scenario in rescue class three divers rescue diver off shore in distress. Bring him to shore, gear strewn about the beach, everybody's weight belts are in the surf. We all collapse exhausted, pop the zipper on the drysuit (self entry). Debrief what went wrong what went right congrats all round.

Time to pack up and head on up to the parking lot. Wade out to pick up weight belts. Weight harness is in 2 feet of water bend down to pick it up. Open zipper is now 1 foot below the surface. Duh

Have bungied myself to the tank rack many times, will do it again.

- In Hawaii, jumped in the water without turning on my air.

- Night Diving in low vis, created a Hiroshima-esque mushroom cloud when I impacted fine silt at 60fpm causing the whole group to lose each other and surface again.

- Got lost trying to get back to our entry point and when my wife got low on air, we surfaced right where about 12 Japanese guys were fishing. (bad thing)

catherine96821:
took a tour into a cavern to see a "dead diver's tank that the rescuers left"
Could have been me
catherine96821:
forgot my bs bottoms and so just put my wetsuit on in the head but forgot when I got on the boat and pulled it off
Was that an accident, or were you fishing for compliments?

It's not a mistake if the crew doesn't know I like to put fins on after entry, or my buddy forgets to turn my air on. What's wrong with climbing the ladder with fins on? People laugh at me for the weirdest stuff.

On my OW dives, turned a fin pivot into an ascent to the surface (my instructor waved goodbye).

A few giant strides turned into giant Face plants.

Went to the changing room carrying my shirt, shoes and sox, but no pants. Walked back to the car in that + my bs. It was about 35 out, but I did it with dignity, and some serious shrinkage.

catherine96821:
took a tour into a cavern to see a "dead diver's tank that the rescuers left"
Could have been me
catherine96821:
Was that an accident, or were you fishing for compliments?:)

It's not a mistake if the crew doesn't know I like to put fins on after entry, or my buddy forgets to turn my air on. What's wrong with climbing the ladder with fins on? People laugh at me for the weirdest stuff.

On my OW dives, turned a fin pivot into an ascent to the surface (my instructor waved goodbye).

A few giant strides turned into giant Face plants.

Went to the changing room carrying my shirt, shoes and sox, but no pants. Walked back to the car in that + my bs. It was about 35 out, but I did it with dignity, and some serious shrinkage.

Cozumel - ripping current - Devils Throat...rolled into water for immediate descent (no air in BC, down you go kind of thing), and realized as I dropped that I had left my wrist computer tied around my reg/tank valve..doh

Took wrong set of fins (womans size small instead of mens size XL).. had to dive barefoot & endure foot pain throughout dive..

Red Vette:
Jodi
Almost everybody does that on the boats in SoCa, don't feel bad
Actually, I've been on boat dives since and watch at least 1/2 the divers do it, so I know I wasn't alone, but I make a conscious effort NOT to do it anymore! :D

On one of our first few unsupervised dives after getting our OW certs, my wife and I went to a local quarry to dive. Got in the water and swam out to where we wanted to go down, so we let the air out of our BCDs, and my wife can't sink. Finally realize that she lost one of her weight pockets somewhere on the swim. D'oh! Spent the rest of the day searching the shallows for it in the middle of a rescue class in progress. (Found it in about 2 feet of water, eventually.) Lesson learned: Always check that our weight pockets are actually _attached_ and not just hanging off the tabs. :)

tracker:
Forgot to put weights in BC. Everyone followed the instructor down but me.
Even worse with your Inst watching. :blush:

I'm still chuckling over this one...
:lol:​

Back
Top Bottom